mint / completely original 93 Rockhopper (more pics!)

stumpjumper1990":18ln08nl said:
Still wondering what is 'the best part of Holland'?

the oldest city of Holland......... Nijmegen! That's just my umble opinion of course...

I hope your girlfriend is tall enough because those Rockhoppers are quite long. Mine seems to be the same size as yours and it's almost 59cm long.
The good thing about RHs of that generation is the very reasonable weight at around 12kg

Cheers
Karl

My girlfriend is the same size as me so that makes it a bit easier to buy her a bike. She/we fit well on the bike, it has a 58cm toptube, but a shorter and higher rise stem so the positioning on the bike is much more upright then on my 18" stumpjumper. She didn't do any longer rides on it though...
I thinks my rockhopper weighs a bit more then yours. Mine is the entry level one, so lots of steel in mechs, chainrings and other components.

I don't know how many of that exact bike I built and sold back in the day. This takes me back. Awesome!

ez054098":3u9ljaqs said:
I don't know how many of that exact bike I built and sold back in the day. This takes me back. Awesome!

and lots of happy customers I hope? :LOL: Back in 93 I would love to have a bike like this. I still was riding my 90 Giant Stonebreaker. That's all I could afford. But man I had fun on that bike...

Rio":32hzmul8 said:
and lots of happy customers I hope? :LOL: Back in 93 I would love to have a bike like this. I still was riding my 90 Giant Stonebreaker. That's all I could afford. But man I had fun on that bike...

Totally, Specialized usually satisfied back in the day.

Buddy, can you please inform if the headtube diameter of this frame is standard size 1' or 1' 1/8" oversized?? Ohh yes and seatpost diameter also... Thanks in advance!!

bruno_h2":3ddc35h2 said:
Buddy, can you please inform if the headtube diameter of this frame is standard size 1' or 1' 1/8" oversized?? Ohh yes and seatpost diameter also... Thanks in advance!!

not a problem!
it's a 1 inch headtube and 27.2 mm seatpost

Back