A Little Teaser........

Owen

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm getting a bit excited now because my first retro project is nearing completion! :shock:

So anyway here's a couple of teaser pics... enjoy...

03112007215.jpg

03112007213.jpg

03112007208.jpg

:D :D :D ;)

nice...but you may need a touch longer bb axle there :shock:
Bit of riding and retighten and you may be in t rubble

tintin40":32dztfzx said:
Some nice ano parts on show :D

Wait till you see the rest of the bike! ;)

gump":32dztfzx said:
nice...but you may need a touch longer bb axle there :shock:
Bit of riding and retighten and you may be in t rubble

It is a bit close but not as close as it looks in that pic... hopefully it'll be ok but if not it'll have to get changed.

jango":20qbyuum said:
an Amp....nice, b4? more pics please :LOL:

It is a B4... well spotted there young man! I'll try get a few more pics after tonights session. I'm hoping it should be finished this weekend so I'll put it up in readers bikes then.

John":20qbyuum said:
Looks like a good first project :D

To be fair at times I've thought it was maybe a bit too ambitious for a first project. I've had to deal with shocks (3 of them) that are nothing like described in the Amp manuals, 1 shock that had been run dry (there were seriously bits of melted 'o' seals all over the internals), stripped threads, more polishing than my hands can take, the list could go on and on... And I haven't even started on the D1 disc brakes yet! :?

Should be SO worth it when it's done though! ;)

D1's are easy to do :D The best bit about anything designed by Horst is that you can rebuild it in the middle of a field, at night, blindfolded with only a spoon for a tool. :LOL:

I've just stripped them down and I reckon that was harder than getting them back together will be! All the pistons were seized! I swear nothing on this bike has been serviced in the 11-12 years it's been alive! :roll: Anyway should have them back together tomorrow with a full compliment of new seals and all new hardware... good as new (I hope)! :D

Just waiting on wheels now :evil:

As requested a few more pics... enjoy...

06112007231.jpg

06112007229.jpg

These forks used to be brown :)

06112007236.jpg

08112007241.jpg

Latest posts

Back