Club roost dh8 rebuild

cyfa2809

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
after a place/link to get bearings for my frame and how to strip it down?

im stuck on the main largest pivot.

also, how to get bearings out?

any info on them would also be good. one set of linkage plates i have has a k on it :?

i never had to replace mine but jimmihendrex did do them when i sold the frame to him ;)

theres a 4mm bolt on both sides you have to loosen off then an allen key bolt on both sides of the pivot , if you take them half out and tap one of the bolts with a plastic/rubber hammer it'll pop out :cool:

ok i loosened of the 4mm bolts and now im stuck
there was on bolt in there which looked like a crank bolt, i unscrewed it half way and dropped an allen key in the hole to bash it but no luck, it doesnt look like it seperates :roll: :evil:

The main pivot was pretty easy on mine, just take the bolts out and tap the shaft through the centre, from what i can remember though the shaft has a step in it and comes out one way (cant remember which way though) if you hit it one way and it does'nt shift try hitting it the other way, be carefull though as the shaft is alloy and its easy to mash the threads in the end, i did this but was lucky it was'nt too bad, after you get the shaft out the bearings knock out the trailing arm.

I looked up a local bearing supplier in the Yellow pages, took the samples to him and he matched them up for ones he had in stock.

Latest posts

Back