AMERICAN COMP LITE (Seatpost Diliema)

Settled(at last) on a Silver Post :)

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! The frame is quite hard to match..now I hear a white saddle calling..LOL

Attachments

• 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 1,683
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1,683
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,683
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I would love to go canti for this project but have'nt a clue on how to route it for the rear..something is missing i think :?

Canti's

Would be just too easy. U already got a mount on the forks (running V's is a crime with a Canti mount already there, Style Police on the way!) U have three options. Buy a seat clamp with the canti mount stop, buy a canti mount that mounts on the seat post(I think these look naff) or get one made to bolt on the seat stay bridge. A simple post, bolted through with a stepped hole and slot machined into it. I think Jonny Retro could do you one? If the bridge is not far enough away from the tyre, you may need an elbowed one though. You may be able to salvage one of these from an old fork and fashion with a file to the correct shape, then drill and re spray colour of choice. If it were steel any frame builder would fit a Mafac bridge 4u, but then it would need a respray too. I would go with a bolt on one, or a seat clamp one, they look really neat. You can make them if your handy, to slip betwen the seat clamp slot with the bolt through?

Paint Job

Any idea on how they achieved the paint job? The more I look at it, the more I like at it, really subtle!

Re: Paint Job

Wold Ranger":3pcx0pqu said:
Any idea on how they achieved the paint job? The more I look at it, the more I like at it, really subtle!

Glad ya like it :)
I'm trying to figure that one out too...not even sure what its called, LOL

Re: stem

David Gibson":3m3fwvhr said:
What kind of stem is that? A Qranc?

Not to sure, its an Italian made stem that says "3tt Forge Ahead" aquired it from a friend
;)

Back