No further weight reduction?

Dr S":1yo2f281 said:
Have a big poo before riding and don't eat as much?

I have built super light bikes before but they were all hampered by a rider that cannot say no to beer and kebabs.

Food for thought? Or not as the case could be.

too true!

On the weight saving front, try going tubeless?

Alternatively buy my KHS team alite frame at a reported 1405g the £/g rate would be fairly advantageous.

Splatter Paint":cfwxp1ut said:
Pedals eh? But only a 60g weight reduction? Working on £/g that's a lot of money.

Frame weight is about ~1900g I think. I had an 18" version of the same frame which was ~1800g, so the 19" will be a tad more than that.

Tyres: ~470g (claimed)
Tubes: ~140g (internet)

SP

?? But you're buying Ti bolts :? to loose negligible weight for excessive ££ I assumed it wasn't a problem ;)

60g is 0.13lb takes you below the 24lb mark and 23.x lb sounds so much lighter :LOL: plus it's a strong reusable upgrade.
I don't think tubeless will not save you anything, I would say it would be heavier even ghetto style as your inner tubes are quite light but you can get lighter around the 80 to 100g mark. But you could probably get a set of light pedals for the cost of them (second hand) and they would last longer :LOL:

You've hit a point
I was assuming you're frame was not going to change as that well changes the bike.

Splatter Paint":1geluol7 said:
Pedals eh? But only a 60g weight reduction? Working on £/g that's a lot of money.

Frame weight is about ~1900g I think. I had an 18" version of the same frame which was ~1800g, so the 19" will be a tad more than that.

Tyres: ~470g (claimed)
Tubes: ~140g (internet)

SP

From the weight weenie forum :

WD Pro":1geluol7 said:
Kenda Klimax Lite 345 (New / 1.95) = 323.7g & 325.4g :D

WD :D

WD Pro":1geluol7 said:
Maxxis Fly Weight (1.5/1.7 Presta) = 78.5g & 78.6g

Rimstrip supplied with above = 15.3g & 15.2g

412g / 0.9 lb :cool: That's quite a high weight saving for around £50 :shock: and then you could sell the stuff you remove ;-)

The pedals I mentioned have already been discussed now :D

Inner tubes I agree with, but tyres I don't as using a fragile tyre on a Winter bike, hows it in the mud and wet roots compared to a Nobby Nic?

But really you have hit the problem of building with reasonably light well speced parts, you get a reasonably light bike. Anything more is replacement so cost a fair bit.

drill your seatclamp and spacers.

shorten your seatpost as much as you dare
smaller ratio cassette? dura ace?

Lighter fork 'springs' to mind, like a SID

Grip-shift like previously mentioned, maybe Avid V's instead of xt? :?

Road mech/cassette can save quite a bit depending on what ratios you want you use ;)

Also if you could get a lighter wheelset than the XT 36H that would be good :) - I'm sure you know that :LOL:

I think that that Ritchey 'post is comparatively heavy too, have a look for a USE carbon Alien ;)

Do you have weights for each component then we can compare ;)

Cheers

pedals - a set of light cage pedals can come in at 100g's less than that.

Look at the macretro weenie build competition for inspiration - Kaiser's just built a sub 18lb cannondale SS

As said before 36 spokes is overkill, unless you're hefty, then whats the point of a light bike??? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Lighter wheels/tyres make so much difference, wasn't the old quote 'an ounce off the wheels is worth a pound off the frame' or have I just made that up?

Back