Tonights Project - Diamond Back Apex

jango

Senior Retro Guru
Well here it is, i bought this way back when...sold it to Beaker....and now it's back :?

What to do....I'm thinking shiney silver stuff against the nice dark metallic blue. This is going to be a rob Peter to pay Paul type build so let's see what happens...........here it is as a frameset with Tioga stem and Control Tech Easton Ultrafragile errr Ultralight post...

Attachments

• Apex rs.jpg
    Apex rs.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 3,088
Ahhh, the holy grail of DB's.
I raced one of them bad-boys for about 2 seasons. One year fully rigid, one year with Pro-Circuit sus forks (identical to Manitou's).
Mine had full LX, with the black cranks and mechs.
A beautiful bike in the making there...... :cool:

First things first......handlebars, Specialized S-Works Thermoplastic...brakes, original XT Vs along with the corresponding shifters...all hooked up with Ride-on GoreTex cables ;)

Attachments

• Apex front.jpg
    Apex front.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 3,061
looks nice....integrale looks good too....has always been a favorite :)

( scalextric weapon of choice!! )

sorry for the delay folks....MadCowKev chatting on the phone for the last hour or so....on go the cranks, Toplines with Middleburn rings 24,34,44 all mounted on a UN71. Skinny and shiney, just how we like it!

For those that are interested, the integrale pic is one of 4 that were done for the classic car show (as a backdrop to the Lancia stand) at the NEC way back when, Integrale, Stratos, Aurelia and Fulvia. When they came up for auction at the following AGM I got the integrale and Stratos.

Attachments

• Apex Topline rs.jpg
    Apex Topline rs.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 3,029
wheels are now on....XT hubs laced to Mavic 221s with Panaacer Duster Pro 1.95s.

Attachments

• Apex wheels rs.jpg
    Apex wheels rs.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 3,016
Back