Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bushpig's 1988 Cunningham Racer

• garethl's Pinarello

• hollister's Bontrager

• Total voters
There's definitely a hierarchy here: one for make and another for member. Voting for the best bike will be a good result for MBUK representation.
Voting for the member isn't a bad thing either, though the result might not get much of a nod in print. Then there's all the nostalgia in between.

Perhaps I can vote for a combination of top bike and member, and still get a good result. Good month for that.
Voting for the top bike would be easy, but it's just not that simple. Guess I'll wait a little longer.

Dr S":3n0vlsf3 said:
Stellar month, probably my favourite era so i'm spoilt for choice. I can't decide what to go for yet- i want to vote for a bike that screams 1980's. Some bikes are sailing too close to the 1990's in age and looks, so despite some great entries I can strike them from the list.
Here's a first... I agree with that ;) And your stunning early Stumpy definitely gets my vote. Sith's Mt Tam is also amazing.

GoldenEraMTB":hgtgj7yx said:
There's definitely a hierarchy here: one for make and another for member.

nonsense

somebody voted for mine. oh wait, they probably like bontys.. :oops:

Was about to put up my 85 Timberline when I noticed 4130's was already up.

How many of you have multiple bikes that you could have entered this month? I vote we repeat it again next month.......any body else?

gm1230126":2odjdqqf said:

How many of you have multiple bikes that you could have entered this month? I vote we repeat it again next month.......any body else?

My own biased opinion is that pre suspension Mtb's are the best looking.

I could probably go well into the new year and keep posting a different 80's vintage monthly entry. Wouldn't get many more votes than with this one though.......

I'm not usually a huge fan of GT's and there are a heap of beautiful bikes in this lot but that damn Timberline appeals to the long dormant bmx bandit buried deep within my psyche... got my vote this month.

gm1230126":m9zxd0zm said:

Good point and you have my vote for that one! :LOL:

GoldenEraMTB":xerjy6l5 said:
There's definitely a hierarchy here: one for make and another for member. Voting for the best bike will be a good result for MBUK representation.
Voting for the member isn't a bad thing either, though the result might not get much of a nod in print. Then there's all the nostalgia in between.

Perhaps I can vote for a combination of top bike and member, and still get a good result. Good month for that.
Voting for the top bike would be easy, but it's just not that simple. Guess I'll wait a little longer.

Not sure I full support the idea of a member hierarchy although saying that I guess the more active members tend to also attend more events so more people will have seen the bikes in the metal :? I've voted for bikes in the past that I wouldn't have unless I'd seen them up close.
I think the make hierarchy is mainly to do with nostalgia, or at least it is for me. I'm far more likely to vote for a bike I remember from the golden age rather then something that may be classed as far further up the food chain but holds no special memories for me.

Must admit that mtb's pre about '88 don't really do it for me so I was always going to vote for the more modern looking of the group.
Lovely Fat btw, I very nearly voted for it ;)

Back