The official Vintage TITANIUM Mag Scan section

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I will post Vintage Ti content overhere. Maybe some articles aren't new to you people, probably some are. Enjoy the Cool ti rigs!

American Flyer, MBA May94
amf2C.jpg

Referring to the 'How to built your own Ti frame' article: If you do it just like Chris taught you, you will end up with this:

Test Fat Chance Titanium, MBA Jan95
FCticolorC660.jpg

Cover

This is one of the scans 2ManyPlaces made early this year.

Raleigh MTi200

According to the already posted review on the American Flyer the bike could be built more easily because of excess capacity that came available with the end of the cold war. It is the same story for this Raleigh, but than for the other side of the curtain; the Sowjet side. According to the testcrew the Raleigh wasn't as convincing as the American Flyer.

It is fair to mention the Raleigh also came at a totally different pricepoint.

Test Raleigh MTi200, MBA July93
ram2C.jpg

Raleigh Johnny T!!!!

Partially Ti (lugs and rear):

Review Raleigh Johnny T, MBA Nov92
TomacR1C.jpg

Ad for the Tomac Raleigh:

TomacR6C.jpg

TomacR7C.jpg

Johnny T @ work:

TomacR8750.jpg

Great scans Elev, keep them coming! I think a Tomac scan thread maybe required....

Vintage Ti

I remember those issues of MBA. But where is the DBR Axis TT? I'm riding one now & I'm after the article that was with the others. My copy is long gone in a country far away. That tail whip on a rigid Merlin is sick, leads to a busted wheel article the next month. Cheers.

From that multitest also the Litespeed is missing. Unlike the other 2, both brands were never marketed overhere and one has to make choices sometimes

Expect the Axis TT will be up here around next weekend ;)

Back