1989 Diamond Back Catalogue

Catalogue 1989 Diamond Back Catalogue Now Up

Frotz

Dirt Disciple
Hello,

I've scanned at high resolution and uploaded the 1989 DB catalogue. It's 16 pages with pictures dimensions and specs for all 1989 bikes. Find it in my gallery

Enjoy,
Andre.

Attachments

• Entire Catalogue.jpg
    Entire Catalogue.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 5,186
Wow, this takes me back! I had that catalogue and subsequently an Ascent as seen in your scans until some toe-rag relieved me of it while I was at University :(

Lost my Ascent EX at McMaster University twenty years and three weeks-ago today.

It's too bad they don't make them like this anymore--simple, lightweight, fun and with a cool paint-job. Mountain Bikes now are bizarre by comparison: bulky, heavy, cheaply painted and needing lots of maintenance. Hmmmm...if I had a time machine I'd bring back an Ascent new in the box for you and an Ascent EX for me and an Axis Team for each of us as a bonus!

Wouldn't it be great to have the old new again!

Best,
Andre

Thanks for posting this! My 1st and 2nd MTB!

Wow! I've been looking for this catalog. I know its been up a year, but the pictures bring back so many memories. My first MTB was an Ascent EX and I bugged the shop owner until he gave me a job. I bought an Axis Team a little while later only to have it stolen the next summer! I miss that bike and I know the punk who stole it doesn't even know what he took. I wonder where it is now? Probably the junk pile. Great bikes, I wish DB still made something like them today. Thanks again for putting the catalog up. It makes me want a steel hardtail again.

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad to have given you something so well appreciated!

If you have any pictures of those bikes, please add them to your gallery here in RetroBike. I'd love to see an Axis Team up close once again!

Best,
Andre.

Axis Team Photo

I added a pic in my gallery. It's the only picture I have in my computer of the Axis Team. Not a very close shot. We were driving down to the Padre Islands and every time we'd stop at a bike shop the employees would come out and look over the bikes. I guess mtb's were still pretty novel at the time in Texas. Me with the mullet in the green 20 years ago. I'll look around for some more photos and if I find anything I'll scan them in.

Back