1989 Diamond Back Ascent EX Ad

Frotz

Dirt Disciple
Hello,

This is my first posting to your excellent forum. I'm in Canada and am enamoured with the 1989 DB Ascent EX (20.5"). This was my first MTB and of all the bikes I've ridden in 20 years--absolutely the most fun by far.

Here is a scan of a three-page advert from the June 1989 issue of Bicycling magazine. I hope it brings back fond memories of those good-old-days!

I've looked through recent forum postings and was amazed to see that many of you appreciate this long-gone bike so I've decided to join up as I hope to rebuild one for myself.

Best,
Andre.

Attachments

• Excelerate Small.jpg
    Excelerate Small.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 6,846
More 1989 Diamond Back advertising uploaded

Hello,

I've added three more ads to my album of 1989 Diamond Back advertising. Check it out!

Best,
Andre.

Attachments

• Axis Small.jpg
    Axis Small.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 6,824
Frotz":29pprx8m said:
Hello,

This is my first posting to your excellent forum. I'm in Canada and am enamoured with the 1989 DB Ascent EX (20.5"). This was my first MTB and of all the bikes I've ridden in 20 years--absolutely the most fun by far.

Here is a scan of a three-page advert from the June 1989 issue of Bicycling magazine. I hope it brings back fond memories of those good-old-days!

I've looked through recent forum postings and was amazed to see that many of you appreciate this long-gone bike so I've decided to join up as I hope to rebuild one for myself.

Best, Andre.

Oh i hope i have posted ok its all new to me :oops:Hi there this is my first time here also and yes i have that very bike in its original condition including the Farmer john tyres i think i have the paper work too .

Wasn't finished in time to race last week, but here's the finished article this evening (the stellar condition is a credit to former owner and cake shop racer Al)...

Mr K

PS. Bigger pics in my gallery, as per.

Attachments

• Diamond Back Ascent EX small.JPG
    Diamond Back Ascent EX small.JPG
    232.6 KB · Views: 5,623
Re: More 1989 Diamond Back advertising uploaded

Frotz":3vvughkv said:
Hello,

I've added three more ads to my album of 1989 Diamond Back advertising. Check it out!

Best,hi frotz sorry i am blundering about the forum it.s all new to me this computor stuff as i am in my 60s hope you got my last post .! let me know if you did again so sorry to be such a technophobe .
Andre.

mrkawasaki":3w3fltl1 said:
Hoping to race mine tomorrow to qualify it for the anniversary BoTM...

Mr K
im still here sorry to be so vague but i am an old fart and take a little time to catch on to things ..!

lessped":1quk7fsw said:
mrkawasaki":1quk7fsw said:
Hoping to race mine tomorrow to qualify it for the anniversary BoTM...

Mr K
im still here sorry to be so vague but i am an old fart and take a little time to catch on to things ..!
Hi again frotz i have put some pic's on of my old diamond back plus a couple of my lates bike hope you like them ..!

Back