Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:03 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:23 am 
Dirt Disciple
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:17 pm
Posts: 25
Location: Canada
Hello,

This is my first posting to your excellent forum. I'm in Canada and am enamoured with the 1989 DB Ascent EX (20.5"). This was my first MTB and of all the bikes I've ridden in 20 years--absolutely the most fun by far.

Here is a scan of a three-page advert from the June 1989 issue of Bicycling magazine. I hope it brings back fond memories of those good-old-days!

I've looked through recent forum postings and was amazed to see that many of you appreciate this long-gone bike so I've decided to join up as I hope to rebuild one for myself.

Best,
Andre.


Attachments:
File comment: 1989 Diamond Back Ascent EX from the June 1989 Issue of Bicycling magazine.
Excelerate Small.jpg
Excelerate Small.jpg [ 225.72 KiB | Viewed 6261 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:46 pm 
Dirt Disciple
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:17 pm
Posts: 25
Location: Canada
Hello,

I've added three more ads to my album of 1989 Diamond Back advertising. Check it out!

Best,
Andre.


Attachments:
Axis Small.jpg
Axis Small.jpg [ 243.72 KiB | Viewed 6242 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:11 am 
North Wales Deputy AEC
North Wales Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:50 am
Posts: 6218
Welcome - good to see positive contributions so early in your time here!

There are a number of Diamond Back/DBR fans in the UK, particularly Jango...! Try the search engine above.

I have this particular bike too:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... emId=53052

Look forward to your build.

Mr K


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:58 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:44 pm
Posts: 12
Frotz wrote:
Hello,

This is my first posting to your excellent forum. I'm in Canada and am enamoured with the 1989 DB Ascent EX (20.5"). This was my first MTB and of all the bikes I've ridden in 20 years--absolutely the most fun by far.

Here is a scan of a three-page advert from the June 1989 issue of Bicycling magazine. I hope it brings back fond memories of those good-old-days!

I've looked through recent forum postings and was amazed to see that many of you appreciate this long-gone bike so I've decided to join up as I hope to rebuild one for myself.

Best, Andre.


Last edited by lessped on Wed May 19, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:01 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:44 pm
Posts: 12
Oh i hope i have posted ok its all new to me :oops:Hi there this is my first time here also and yes i have that very bike in its original condition including the Farmer john tyres i think i have the paper work too .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:46 pm 
North Wales Deputy AEC
North Wales Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:50 am
Posts: 6218
Hoping to race mine tomorrow to qualify it for the anniversary BoTM...

Mr K


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:00 pm 
North Wales Deputy AEC
North Wales Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:50 am
Posts: 6218
Wasn't finished in time to race last week, but here's the finished article this evening (the stellar condition is a credit to former owner and cake shop racer Al)...

Mr K

PS. Bigger pics in my gallery, as per.


Attachments:
Diamond Back Ascent EX small.JPG
Diamond Back Ascent EX small.JPG [ 232.59 KiB | Viewed 5040 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:41 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:44 pm
Posts: 12
Frotz wrote:
Hello,

I've added three more ads to my album of 1989 Diamond Back advertising. Check it out!

Best,hi frotz sorry i am blundering about the forum it.s all new to me this computor stuff as i am in my 60s hope you got my last post .! let me know if you did again so sorry to be such a technophobe .
Andre.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:56 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:44 pm
Posts: 12
mrkawasaki wrote:
Hoping to race mine tomorrow to qualify it for the anniversary BoTM...

Mr K
im still here sorry to be so vague but i am an old fart and take a little time to catch on to things ..!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:15 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:44 pm
Posts: 12
lessped wrote:
mrkawasaki wrote:
Hoping to race mine tomorrow to qualify it for the anniversary BoTM...

Mr K
im still here sorry to be so vague but i am an old fart and take a little time to catch on to things ..!
Hi again frotz i have put some pic's on of my old diamond back plus a couple of my lates bike hope you like them ..!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group