1988 Muddy Fox Explorer

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
And spot the velcro Cannondale bottle in there too. I had one of those. Brilliant. Until it gotr muddy. Then disgusting. :)

Attachments

• ExplorerLo.jpg
    ExplorerLo.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 2,044
:cool: I remember that Holdsworth bike too, there was an advert in a mag and I remember thinking it was one of the classiest looking racers at the time. I was still heaving about on my raliegh catalogue job :D

got a friend with that Explorer. still mothballed. Reckon it's done less than a hundred miles. :cool: 'Cept it's a 21.5in. :cry:

Wu-Tangled":v2mxd7su said:
got a friend with that Explorer. still mothballed. Reckon it's done less than a hundred miles. :cool: 'Cept it's a 21.5in. :cry:

Mine was 19'' tig wealded version. The early one's were lugged. I would most certainly sell a Trimble for a 19'' Explorer in mint. My garage Queen :D

tintin40":2shkih8z said:
Wu-Tangled":2shkih8z said:

Mine was 19'' tig wealded version. The early one's were lugged. I would most certainly sell a Trimble for a 19'' Explorer in mint. My garage Queen :D

lugged - 1987

tig - 1988.

Anyone know what years had the chainstay mounted U-brake? Mine had one and I'm sure it was 86-87 but it was a long time ago and the memory ain't what it was! :roll:

I believe the 1987 one had a chainstay mounted rollercam and the 1988 one (pictured) had a c'stay mounted Suntour XCD 6000 u brake.

Can't remember what or indeed if, the explorer looked like in 86.

Back