Bigfoot smokestone

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Rare and beautiful...........................
I just love those elevated chainstays.

Attachments

• smokestone.JPG
    smokestone.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 9,611
Mmmmm, early 90s.

Wasn't there a connection with another brand called 'ozone'. There was a 'Bigfoot' shop in Gloucester which may have had a connection with the brand.

Hot looking bike, I must admit that I am not to familar with Bigfoot bikes. Anyone ever own one of these puppies?.

rutteger":2fwgezli said:
Mmmmm, early 90s.

Wasn't there a connection with another brand called 'ozone'. There was a 'Bigfoot' shop in Gloucester which may have had a connection with the brand.

:idea: Do you mean this one :?: , notice the reference to Mammoth, coincidence do you think :?:

Attachments

• bigfoot.JPG
    bigfoot.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 9,575
smokestone became ozone

Smokestone is quite a perculiar name for a frame.

BigFoot & Ozone were the same the co. had to change names because of trademark problems ... (a bit like when the dust brothers became the chemical brothers).

Smokestone...

Hi all,I,think the "foot" in Bigfoot was Graham Foot who owned the shop in Gloucester.In the mid/late nineties production moved to the...

Glennys Industrial Estate.
Latimer Road,
Eastbourne,
East Sussex.

I, seem to remember that a chap from Eastbourne called Mick Sefton had developed a rear suspenion system that bolted to the frame to replace the rear drop out plates.
A friend of mine had a Smokestone with the rear suspension conversion and it used to be fairly reliable despite all the pivots envolved and used the bike regularly until the elastomers split.
I also remember that Ian Piley was the welder at the Eastbourne works which shut in about 1998 ish.

You mean this one :?: , think I kinda like this a lot :p .
smokestone.jpg

➡️ Another manufacturer came up with one called the softail ➡️ old review from Mtn biker 1994.
softtail1.jpg

softtail2.jpg

;)

wild design. Don't recall every seeing any in use.

Enjoy the comments regarding disk brakes in the review :D

well well

just seen the pictures and lots of memories come flooding back, lots of Malvern Classic events with our Bigfoot Marquee.

I've still got a few frames, my wife still rides her's, it's done thousand of miles, I've a gold anodised 19" frame in my garage gathering dust. here's a pic of it in all it's glory.

Back