al-onestare

BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Part 1 here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=288652
Part 2 here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=312723
Part 3 here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=317810
Part 4 here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=331342
Part 5 here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=332607

The finale of this heavily subscribed series ;) ;) The tail end of the year and so 1998 is now in full swing, 97 a distant memory...

...however, there was one last piece of Kula love with a big spread of silly business with Jez and co in the November edition. Sporting P2's and probably shot at the same place the same Kula appeared in earlier editions, it's an odd mix.

ZEoCrf.jpg

ygphWv.jpg

VSEO8F.jpg

Earlier in the same edition was an article from the '98 Anaheim and Friedrichshafen shows. It's a 98 custom frame with the then new version of the rasta flame schema. Not as good IMO.

oPXliX.jpg

Possibly, apart from the Hot, Explosif and Kapu, the last great hardtail in 98 was the Kilauea. And here it is as a full page advert. As today shows - very few were sold - because they rarely come up for sale but it was priced about £300 less than the 97 Kilauea. Maybe they did sell but folks broke them (I doubt it). It's an ace colour (one of the last great Kona schema's).

gRbBXp.jpg

Like a wet village fete and a faulty party popper, this was the only Kona related content in December 1997. It's a new world now and for me at least, the start of Kona's decline. We'll save that for another day.

It's the new Muni-mula - in a boring and too similar guise to other manufacturers bikes (the 97 was bright red) - road-test.

gEtMv3.jpg

BBPVYs.jpg

Thanks for that, I remember that article like it was yesterday....I still want a small '97 Kula :facepalm:

Back