1988 cannondale sm1000 in MBUK

Spanky22b

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
This seems the best place to ask. I'm about to start a restoration of the above bike and i'm trying to find any scans of the test mbuk done of the bike,i think it was issue 2 and they were in Tenerife.
Now i've finally got my hands on one after all these years,i'd love to read the article again to see what triggered this obsession i got to own one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 2,230
Hi mate, maybe try PMing Augustus. He posted these pics on the forum in this thread viewtopic.php?t=17025

3rd issue of MBUK October 1988. I'd like to see that review too :)

Attachments

• red1lo.jpg
    red1lo.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 2,224
  • red2lo.jpg
    red2lo.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 2,224
  • red3lo.jpg
    red3lo.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 2,224
Awesome :D The memory's are starting to come back now. So it was issue 3 then,i knew it was a very early issue it appeared in. I've only 2 more parts to find:the XT mech and the suntour seatpost,now i've seen some pictures i'll be getting the bars sprayed white aswell :D

Cheers for finding the link mate,it'll be a big help :D

Chris

Looking forward to it mate. I've still got the original white 6000 alloy bars that came on my 89 Shred. Not really sure why they chose white to be honest.

That bold statement from the 88 catalogue has always stuck in my head "The Red Shred is the best mountain bike in the world"

raidan73":38k81j72 said:
That bold statement from the 88 catalogue has always stuck in my head "The Red Shred is the best mountain bike in the world"

Aye it might have been something to do with that statement,saying i was only 13 at the time :LOL: that and it had a full XT groupset aswell :shock: I think that swayed it before i even read the article :LOL:

What you doing with those bars mate,would you like to part with them :D

Sorry mate, they're staying on my 89 ;)

Back