cover.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 10,173
  • dbr6.jpg
    dbr6.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 10,181
  • dbr5.jpg
    dbr5.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 10,181
Written by Joel Smith - now co-owner of Tomac!

Nice bikes - Jango has one and raves about it :roll:

Sweet bike

I have one of these, just like the article. I bought it from ebay as NOS a couple years ago - it had never been ridden. I've only used it to cruise town because it's such a good looking bike. Besides, I have a WCF 6.1 from '97 that I ride as well as a couple other Diamondbacks. These bikes are sweet - if you ever have a chance to get one don't hesitate!

The relevant pages from the catalogue

Attachments

• WCFcat2.jpg
    WCFcat2.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 9,683
  • WCFcat1.jpg
    WCFcat1.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 9,695
Awesome Ride!

I bought this on ebay for $200. Upgraded a few things carbon HB, carbon seat post, 180mm Manitou Black, front disk, and XTR crank. Beat the hell out of it every ride, I am impressed. This bike satisfies my need to own a chromoly frame.

zOMG. I'm literally welling up.

I had one of them bought from Paul's Cycles in about 1996/97, which I adored beyond words until I moved to Sheffield in 2002, and within a week of moving it had been nicked froim my shed. Hadn't sorted out the household insurance yet, so they gave me £200 to spend at their coice of online bike places, and I ended up with a crap £200 Trek, which I've hardly ridden cos it just feels wrong.

I occasionally google WCF Vertex, just in case I see one and never find anything, and now this. It's brought it all flooding back!

Anyone who bought their's 2nd hand in the UK in the last ten years or so, feel free to check your BB and if it has "SG8 9BB" punched into the bottom it was mine!

*wistful middle distance stare*

OK, I'm done. carry on!

Back