Upload and request of 1989 and 1990 Marin catalogue

juice

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Here i have some pages of a 1989 and a 1990 Marin catalogue.
If you have some of the missing pages please upload them on here.

Attachments

• Marin1989Palisade.jpg
    Marin1989Palisade.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 11,464
  • Marin1989BearValley.jpg
    Marin1989BearValley.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 11,443

Attachments

• Marin1990PineMoutain.jpg
    Marin1990PineMoutain.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 11,443
  • Marin1990TeamMarin.jpg
    Marin1990TeamMarin.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 11,427
  • Marin1990Muirwoods.jpg
    Marin1990Muirwoods.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 11,448
Come on boys and girls. I know most of you love Marin bikes. So there must be someone with the missing pages or with a whole catalogue. Get that old scanner of yours to work. :cool:

Cool thread just needs to fill in a few missing blanks!

I had a 1990 catalogue BITD wish I had kept it now!

Doug

1989s were the first Marin bikes I saw, I guess that was the first time a store in my town (Eastbourne) stocked them. I distinctly remember the black and gold BVs and the glossy grey/neon orange Pines. First one I owned was a 1990 BV, a friend's sister was going out with the guy who owned ATB sales in Hastings (Bexhill?), they were the UK distributor. He gave her a bike, they split up and she sold it to me - 400 quid, seemed like a fortune at the time, but worth every penny.

The earliest I've seen was a 1986 that came into a store I was wrenching at a couple of years ago, I forget the model, it was yellow, with very skinny tubes and tiny black Marin decals. The owner said he bought it straight from the factory while living in Norcal and had never owned another bike in over 20 years!

Thanks for the scans Juice, consider the cockles of my heart completely warmed.

Nice scans of some lovely Marins.
My mates got a 1990 Pine Mountain buried under all his plumbing gear in his Dads garage. I've been trying for ages to get it from him.

Re:

few years later.

adding to the thtread

IMG-20200509-210001.jpg

Re:

1989 marin team titanium from mubk vol1 no4

IMG-20200509-211223.jpg

Marin had a completely revamped range featuring shimano's top gun transmissions and culminating in the hyper-impressive team titanium.if ever there was a bike to raise the adrenaline level just by looking at it this is the one. As befits a bike with a price tag bigger than the deposit on a house, the titaniumlooks the part and the steel grey tubes (corrosion free for life) remain locked behind a clear coat of lacquer. the forks were finished in the most lurid pink .... Ride it if you can find it, buy it if you can afford it.

Back