Request : MBUK - Salsa / Bontrager

Crell

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Sometime between 90 & 93 ish there was an MBUK article on the Bontrager & Salsa owners "club", with a ride in the peaks near Sheffield, and some BMX action.

1) Can someone scan in a copy - I binned my mags long ago :roll:

2) Was anyone on here in those groups?
..I know at least one was - sorry I forgot your name but the guy with the a la carte at cannock :)

The guy with the salsa (i cnat remember his name either) is not on this forum, he was a mate of bonty's IIRC.

I did go to a Bonty weekend with Jez from the Fridge.
That had to be 94-95 in Thetford I think.

Bonti's

Yeah,that woz my mate Phil on the Salsa at the Cannock meet.Should be signed up very soon!
Thanx Max

Lid":2f2jjudi said:
I did go to a Bonty weekend with Jez from the Fridge.
That had to be 94-95 in Thetford I think.

You'll have done a Bonty weekend with Sarah, Gez was one of those Salsa wierdos :roll: :p

I certainly went to one at Thetford. Was Mr Fuquay & Chipps there on the ride as well? I stayed at Gez & Sarah's - but there were quite a few meets at Thetford I think.

Yea Chipps showed up.
I was the Guy that snorred real loud. Got my own room on the second night. The eavening ended in a chilly eating contest that a Guy called Jean Lou won.
On the ride one Guy had his crank come loose so he rode with one leg. He was still faster than me.

Lid":37t3lwdu said:
Yea Chipps showed up.
I was the Guy that snorred real loud. Got my own room on the second night. The eavening ended in a chilly eating contest that a Guy called Jean Lou won.
On the ride one Guy had his crank come loose so he rode with one leg. He was still faster than me.

Hehe I was there - I wouldn't know about the snorring as I'd have probably been too drunk on Abbot. I'd forgotten about the guy with the crank, yes he was a fit bugger. I also remember someone turned up on a Mani FS (or possibly a proper Bradbury bike) - Whichever it was it was it was lovely.

Say thank you

;) ➡️

cc1.jpg

cc2.jpg

cc3.jpg

cc4.jpg

Sorry to bump this up but was looking to see if Chipps' review on the Fuquay was hiding. Anyhow I was on the Sheffield meet, and my mug is in the group pic, not got the salsa any more as it got nicked off the car.

Back