Checkout the Pace RC100 in the new Pace 2008 Catalogue

Nice. I'm surprised they printed a picture of one right next to the new s**t. real class next to c**p

heh heh...it's weird seeing DT Swiss plastered over Pace forks... :shock:

tintin40":rcudy9xy said:
Nice. I'm surprised they printed a picture of one right next to the new s**t. real class next to c**p

Did something happen to Pace that I missed while I was away from the bike scene?...what's with all the foreign forks and stuff, did they get bought out or did they just sell their soul and stop making hardcore stuff?

To be fair to Pace, they still make and supply all the little bits we need for our bikes. I have had 3 steerers, one seat clamp, a pair of drop outs, and that's just the stuff I can remember in the last few years.

If the price of this is that the main company has gone into league with DT then so be it.

It is a bit like ford switch gear in an Aston Martin DB7, it may seem to be a bit sacreligeous at first but better a company that exists at all then one that has died.

Hey Stick Legs....maybe you can help jog my memory.... :?:

When I bought my RC36 Pro Class I had it set up with conventional steerer and a Cattleprod....I seem to remember the LBS saying I could get either an alu or a titanium steerer to replace the steel one, which would be a major weight saving....is this true or is my memory just addled?

Aluminum steerers are still avalible, but for ahead only as the wall thickness makes a quill stem unworkable.

This got me thinking so i have just rung Pace and they say that the Ti steerer was never produced for the RC36.

I remember the rumours too, maybe some folk got them made aftermarket (though that would be prohibitavely (sp?) expensive).

Go Ahead, with a aluminium steerer and save a chunk of weight.

Back