1992 Diamond Back Catalogue

Catalogue 1992 Diamond Back catalogue

Amaizing job man.

I've been spending a lot of time looking for this catalogue.

I'm rebuilding an old DB Ascent EX and the spec table at the end of the cataloge would be perfect for details.

Thank you very much

Cestari
from Brazil

Seatpost diameter?

Thanks for sharing this!
Bought a 20" Axis Pro frame last year and still haven't figured out the seat post measurement. The catalog have alot of info except these numbers! Seem to be 30,8 or 30,9mm but when I tried one I borrowed from a friend it didn't fit. Anyone got it nailed down? :?

Re: Seatpost diameter?

donpedro":3ra4k7gz said:
Thanks for sharing this! Bought a 20" Axis Pro frame last year and still haven't figured out the seat post measurement. Seem to be 30,8 or 30,9mm but when I tried one I borrowed from a friend it didn't fit. Anyone got it nailed down? :?
My 91 Axis (according to the brochure) takes 30.4, as does the Axis team from 91.

Shims...

Thank's Neil! That's a rather peculiar size for a seatpost, at least for a steel frame. Probably why we never thought of it. Have been getting by with diy shims and a USE CF Alien post up till now. Shame they don't make any 25 to 30,4mm shims as these take the edge of bumps and road buzz a lot better than the larger versions.
Edit: Found one, was looking at the wrong type of shims.

Re: Shims...

donpedro":302hesh1 said:
Thank's Neil! That's a rather peculiar size for a seatpost, at least for a steel frame. Probably why we never thought of it. Have been getting by with diy shims and a USE CF Alien post up till now. Shame they don't make any 25 to 30,4mm shims as these take the edge of bumps and road buzz a lot better than the larger versions.
Edit: Found one, was looking at the wrong type of shims.
I don't know about other years, but at least for 91 (and probably holds true for 92 - don't think much really changed for the steel frames between the two years), the Axis frames, using OX tubing had larger diameter tubes - certainly in the seat-tube - I really should line up my 91 Axis and 91 Apex together to compare - but looking at my Axis frame in isolation, does seem that some of the other tubes are larger diameter, too.

So my 91 Apex had a 27.0 seatpost - quite possibly the same for several of the models below too.

Hey thanks so much for the posting of this catalog! It helped me identify my Topanga I just got as being a 92'.

drystonepaul":1ropjhde said:
Spent a while this weekend scanning the full 36 page 1992 Diamond Back catalogue. It includes all the mountain bikes, the aluminium range, the cross bikes, the hybrids and the BMX bikes.

A classic year for Diamond Backs.

It will be in the archive soon, but for now here is a direct link: --> http://www.rideandrepair.co.uk/Retrobik ... gue_RB.pdf

Great Paul . Enjoyed that.
Theres a pic in there of Harry Leary racing DS. I have one of his old bikes. I wish I'd known his inside leg measurement before I got it . hmmm

Anyway . Those overdrive models . I'd forgot about them . Quite a thing really . First 29ers ?

Back