1989 Specialized Catalogue (UK Version)

Catalogue 1989 Specialized Catalogue (UK Version)

Ooooh!

The full spec on my first ever Mtb - I had a brand new 1989 Rockhopper bought from BikeTech in Bristol in 1989.

I could not believe what you could ride up, over and down when I first got it.

Happy days...

Thanks for the nostalgia trip! :D

stumpjumper1990":29sdftdh said:
Thanks StumpJumper my Ground Control Aim A1 Pro is in the catalogue so its nice to get the original specs for it. Looks like the seat and pedals have been replaced since new but everything else appears to be original. Seen plenty of bikes in the catalogue that I would like to get as well. Really like the look of the green Stumpjumper M2 Pro and the S-Works M2 Team frameset. Also like the look of the Orange Rockhopper A1.

Hi, I can't find the stumpjumper epic in the 1989 catalogue is there any information of this frame? I do competition in the begin '90s on it.
I stll have one and i want to get the original componemts on it. Was this only a frameset or a complete bike?

I had an '89 Rockhopper in grey - lovely bike. I put an Offroad Flex-stem on it but never quite got used to the "loose headset" feeling...

I always thought that RockCombo looked odd back in the summer of '89. I'd completely forgotten about them but this has brought it all back, and now I quiet fancy the look of it! Has anyone ever seen or owned one? Was John Tomac the only person who thought fitting drop bars to a 26" wheeled mountain bike made sense?

Back