1991 Claud Butler MTB Range

turkeytickler

Dirt Disciple
Thanks to Vicki at Falcon Cycles, she scanned their only copy of this for me.

I have the whole catalogue on PDF if anyone is interested, here is the MTB range, I had the pagan but wanted a Cape Wrath :cool:

Spirit
Spirit.png

Spectre
Spectre.png

Shaman
Shaman.png

Pagan
Pagan.png

Cape Wrath
CapeWrath.png

oh that takes me back...

any chance of a cheeky request for 1992 models? I would love to see my Spectre again.

Emailed CB myself asking about my Anteaus but got no response, be nice to see both 1992 and 1993 catalogues if you can swing it so I can determine a definite year.

Carl.

antaeus

Here is the 1993 double page of the polished one. there was a magura eqipped 653 orange one from another year too, which do you have ?
I have the cat with the orange one in too if you want a scan

Attachments

• img023.jpg
    img023.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 9,389
Re: antaeus

tim2":2p5cxpll said:
Here is the 1993 double page of the polished one. there was a magura eqipped 653 orange one from another year too, which do you have ?
I have the cat with the orange one in too if you want a scan
Good job. Looks like they switched to alloy in 93, although the Spectre and Cape Wrath stuck with 653 until 95/96.

I thought by 96/97 all 653's had gone but looking in my trusty 1997 copy of MBR they were still knocking out the last few frames in lowly "Pagan" spec:

£399 Carabo (Alloy / Altus)
£399 Pagan (653 Magnum :!: / Alivio)
£449 Competition (Alloy / Acera-X)
£479 Tasmin (Alloy / Alivio)
£699 Cape Wrath (Tange DB / Gripshift ESP)

I'd also love to see the full 92 and 93 catalogues if you've got them :) I've seen a few high end CBs come out of the woodwork recently, never in my size of course:

Attachments

• CapeWrath1995-1.jpg
    CapeWrath1995-1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 9,372
  • ClaudButlerSpectre1994-1.jpg
    ClaudButlerSpectre1994-1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 9,374
  • ClaudButlerCapeWrath1997-2.jpg
    ClaudButlerCapeWrath1997-2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 9,375
  • ClaudButlerCapeWrath1998-7.jpg
    ClaudButlerCapeWrath1998-7.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 9,371
Wow this takes me back. I used to sell this CB ramge in the shop i worked in. I would look through this catalogue day and night!!

We had a cape wrath in stock, ah man i wanted it bad!!! :LOL:

Here is a photo of me and the gang hahahaha oh my god I cant believe how trendy we were.lol

(From Left to right) - Alpinestars Cro mega(? i think), - Claud Butler Cape Wrath - Claud Butler Spectre - Specialized RockHopper Comp.

549137_10151326194809224_532343349_n.jpg

CB

Cool bike! It is doing well. I see you have not got the original Flite spec saddle on it. You have an origianl embroidered selle bassano with the star trk type logo stiched in. They were not original on the Antaeus. they were eventualy dropped at the same time othe brands also found that the stiches allowed water to get in and ruin the pading. Saw one for sale at a jumble the other day. I have a lot of the CB catalogues and I will try to scan in when I get time.

cape warth

Sorry about the last reply I had Antaeus in my head for some reason and you clearly say yours is a cape Wrath. Please ignore the irrelavent comments:) Cape wrath in 93 was black and the spectre had a deep purple irri coat over the top of the black ( actualy more expensive to do). In 93 the Wrath and Spectre were in 531 magnum tubing, made in Brigg.

Wow I totally missed this, would love a scan of the orange on with maguras which is my one.

Carl

Do you have a scan of the '93 catalogue? I'm try to find a copy with the blue Vantage in.

Cheers!

Back