1998 Specialized FSR Pro - Geometry

AaronJ1970

Retro Newbie
HI all.

New owner of Specialize's top MTB in 1998, Ground Control FSR Pro, and wondering whether anyone knows where to find the geometry for that year?

I've found the 4 or so pages of 1998 catalogue on this site, but it does not have the geometry page and I cant find it online anywhere.

Just trying to confirm the actual size of mine.

Re: 1998 Specialized FRS Pro - Geometry

Thats a nice bike mate. Always fancied one of them back in the day.

You can get an app to use your phone as a measuring device to check angles if thats any help? Plus things like reach, effective top tube etc can be measured with a plumb bob and a tape measure if you wanted to go to the trouble of finding out the geo yourself. Bear in mind if the shock and or fork are different from stock then the angles may be different from factory.

Might be better off asking in this section: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=41

If you ask in the above forum section post up some pics, and welcome to RB by the way :cool:

(FYI: If your planning to update it you could fit a longer fork and offset shock bushings. This would slacken out the HT a bit and the offset bushings would lower the BB and reduce the head angle a little further).

Thanks Mike.

And you are right, thanks I could work it all out!

Just tossing up whether I do more of a original rebuilt, or restomod to new specs. If option 2, was going to use one of those bike geometry design sites to try and set it up closer to my more current rides.

Loads more Qs to come undoubtedly!!!

Edit.... And I just realised I posted in the up to 97 forum! I read the -->97 as "greater than".

Feel free to move please mods.

I just remembered there was a company back in the day called - BETD I think - who made aftermarket linkages for those frames. Gave a bit more travel and adjustability.

PS: Do you mean FSR? (FRS was Marin).

Back