Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:38 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: A big thank you.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:40 am 
Old School Grand Master

Thanks Tom for organising another Icono, I enjoyed every minute as ever.

Also a 'big up' to all who made such an effort to get there and show some of the coolest bikes in the UK.

Right... whilst I've got you here, why the fook did more of you not turn up and support our hobby/sport/obsession? I know there are some who couldn't make it for reasons that couldn't have been avoided and in no way is this aimed at them. This is aimed squarely at some on here that just can't be arsed for what ever reason, just to dig out a bike and make some kind of effort to make it to Warwick for a few hours on a Sunday. It's not like the show is held on the Isle of Man or Oban!!

It looks like there are maybe a few dozen or so people in the retro bike 'scene' terrible word I know, to actually make some kind of effort to keep this great event going. So too all those that just couldn't be arsed, I say fook you.

Thank you for your time.

al.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:16 am 
Retro Guru

Such passion from Al the great!!!
Yes I've renamed you buddy!

Thanks to tom and his mrs and lovely dog
Ok so numbers were down, but it didn't stop our enjoyment and fun and I even got a slight tan.

You lazy arses try and make the next one, start your builds now so your ready in time. Thanks again Tom see you next time

Rich :wink:

Post subject: Re: A big thank you.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:21 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Gah.

I had a call out very late saturday night that meant I coudn't make it :(

I hope the turnout wasn't that bad? I'm gutted that I missed it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:26 am 
Old School Grand Master

I'd have loved to have gone but cannot get leave in August :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:35 pm 
Old School Grand Master

al wrote:

Also a 'big up' to all who made such an effort to get there and show some of the coolest bikes in the UK.

Right... whilst I've got you here, why the fook did more of you not turn up and support our hobby/sport/obsession? I know there are some who couldn't make it for reasons that couldn't have been avoided and in no way is this aimed at them. This is aimed squarely at some on here that just can't be arsed for what ever reason, just to dig out a bike and make some kind of effort to make it to Warwick for a few hours on a Sunday. It's not like the show is held on the Isle of Man or Oban!!

It looks like there are maybe a few dozen or so people in the retro bike 'scene' terrible word I know, to actually make some kind of effort to keep this great event going. So too all those that just couldn't be arsed, I say fook you.

Thank you for your time.

al.

I dont think everyone on here is into retro bikes to show them off. So to be offensive to them purely because they didnt is a bit uncalled for.

But its good to get things off your chest, i suppose :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:38 pm 
B.o.T.Y. Winner / Gold Trader
B.o.T.Y. Winner / Gold Trader

I dont drive and couldnt get a lift sadly, real shame as I was building up to it all year with some of my builds.

Oh, and I quit my job of 27 years last week so money is a small issue at the moment.

My bad I guess :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:06 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Slightly odd title for your post al, started off well then quickly descended in to insulting anyone who didn't go. Can I ask how you know that the reason more didn't turn up was that they just "couldn't be arsed"??
You have no idea what people are dealing with or where their priorities need to be ATM, shows a lack of consideration for others if you ask me. This kind of attitude won't improve attendance next time either.
Incidentally, if it had been in Oban I'd likely have attended (it's all relative to where you live).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:10 pm 
Old School Grand Master

mkone wrote:
al wrote:

Thank you for your time.

al.

I dont think everyone on here is into retro bikes to show them off. So to be offensive to them purely because they didnt is a bit uncalled for.

But its good to get things off your chest, i suppose :)

I wasn't being offensive to anyone, maybe apart from you it seems.

Yes it is called for.

This was never aimed at the people that don't want to show their bikes off, 'obviously' it's aimed at the apathetic that couldn't be bothered. I have no axe to grind, but the fact that some go to great lengths to try and make a great event greater, it's a little sad people don't try a little harder. The fact you didn't go is neither here nor there, but it must be nice to get things off your chest.

al.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:21 pm 
Old School Grand Master

DynaCol wrote:
Slightly odd title for your post al, started off well then quickly descended in to insulting anyone who didn't go. Can I ask how you know that the reason more didn't turn up was that they just "couldn't be arsed"??
You have no idea what people are dealing with or where their priorities need to be ATM, shows a lack of consideration for others if you ask me. This kind of attitude won't improve attendance next time either.
Incidentally, if it had been in Oban I'd likely have attended (it's all relative to where you live).

Read the post again.

There are many reasons people didn't show up and that not the issue.

What a strange post... 10 million people live around an hours drive away from Oban do they?

Funny how people are coming on here and posting now, maybe I should call people out more often, at least more may show up to tell me to stick my bike up my arse!

...and no, it wouldn't fit.

ps I live in Penzance, which is only 50 miles closer to Warwick than Falkirk!

al.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:33 pm 
King of the Skip Monkeys
King of the Skip Monkeys

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next