Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:28 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: ICONOCLASSIC : 2016
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:00 pm 
Ain't no party like an S Club party

Just a quick update on this years' show as we approach summer...

ICONOCLASSIC : 2016 will be on Sunday 21st August, and from here on in will be held consistently on the 3rd Sunday in August each year to keep things easy to remember.

I've confirmed details for the show with the council, and the format will be similar to last year with the new and improved show layout.

As per last year, as well as the pubs and restaurants surrounding the square, I'll be getting in some street food vendors and local breweries to keep us all happy through the day... 8)

If there's any vendors you know of or who you think should be in attendance, please point them to the website or FB page to make contact - details in my signature below...

Again, as with previous years, I suspect quite a few people will be coming up a day early to make a weekend of it and staying locally to have a few beers.

If that's you, and you book a room / apartment / other in Warwick or it's environs, please mention the ICONOCLASSIC bike show when booking - I'm hoping in subsequent years to be able to negotiate a discount for show attendees, so spreading the word now amongst the various accommodation hosts should help this cause...

Anyway, that's it for now - more to come shortly no doubt...

Cheers,
Tom.

Post subject: Re: ICONOCLASSIC : 2016
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:00 pm 

Not long to go now!

Layout will be similar to last year's show, but with the info marquee [where you can pick up a voting slip for the best in show comp] in the centre and the guys from Lemming Brewery set up next to it ready to fuel visitors through the day with their range of locally brewed ales... :)

This central area will be also have a space for anyone wanting to jumble unwanted vintage bike bits. The jumble area will be a little restrained in size this year to test the water - if it goes well and there's interest it can be extended for next year. So if you want to bring along bits to trade, please think along the lines of a blanket on the floor rather than rows of immaculately laid out tables...!

As I say, if it goes well it can easily be expanded to be a bigger feature at future shows - so if that's something you'd be interested in seeing, bring along your bits and bobs and get involved. Events such as this are pretty organic in how they grow and develop and which elements become regular and which get dropped... :)

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:56 pm 
Old School Hero

can anyone give me a post code for the sat nav please as im coming on my own and im absolutely pooh at finding places

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:20 pm 

CV34 4SA will get you to the town centre.

It's in the main market square, so it doesn't have a postcode as such...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:19 pm 
Old School Hero

cheers dude,
i cant wait, hope the weathers fine or at least just dry. think i will put my fishing brolly in just in case :lol: this is like a count down to xmas,but with every bike you ever wanted all under one tree.
finished my sbike last night but now need to finish the rourke.needs seat, seat post ,chain ,bars, sti's
a change of wheels n tyres,all cables so no where near yet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:42 am 

A couple of posts copied over from the FB page, which are worth putting here to avoid confusion...!

Just a quick reminder that ‪ICONOCLASSIC‬ is purely for classic mountain bikes up to, and including, 1995 model year.
The show doesn't have a sliding age scale - the cut-off will always be 1995. It won't be 1996 cut-off next year because the show is a year older - it'll still be 1995.
No bikes newer than 1995 will be allowed into the show.
No bikes other than MTBs will be allowed into the show.
So to avoid disappointment or possible tension, please don't bring anything along which doesn't meet these simple stipulations and expect it to be put on display - cos it won't be... ;)
I'm sure this all sounds straight forward enough, and I don't want to sound like an arse and labour the point, but I'm still having people get in touch asking if their 1998 'x' fits the bill or whether they can show their 2012 Patriot, so felt the need for a quick statement.
Cheers.

For this year's show, set-up time is from 08.30, with the show opening to the public at 10.00.
Last year the set-up started a bit earlier, but chilling things a little this year hence later set-up start.
Please don't arrive too early / too late...

Not long to go now!
Layout will be similar to last year's show, but with the info marquee [where you can pick up a voting slip for the best in show comp] in the centre and the guys from Lemming Brewery set up next to it ready to fuel visitors through the day with their range of locally brewed ales... :)
This central area will be also have a space for anyone wanting to jumble unwanted vintage bike bits. The jumble area will be a little restrained in size this year to test the water - if it goes well and there's interest it can be extended for next year. So if you want to bring along bits to trade, please think along the lines of a blanket on the floor rather than rows of immaculately laid out tables...!
As I say, if it goes well it can easily be expanded to be a bigger feature at future shows - so if that's something you'd be interested in seeing, bring along your bits and bobs and get involved. Events such as this are pretty organic in how they grow and develop and which elements become regular and which get dropped... :)

Just to reiterate and make it clear, there's no formal registration required this year - just turn up Sunday a.m.
I know there are people planning to travel up on the Saturday and stay overnight - if you're one of these please mention the ICONOCLASSIC show and hopefully in future years we can negotiate discounts for visitors and attendees.

LINKS TO THE FACEBOOK PAGES FOR ICONOCLASSIC SHOW ARE IN MY SIGNATURE BELOW!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:56 pm 

Looking for a couple of reliable volunteers to help me with set-up of the show Sunday morning.

Ideally persons local, or who are staying locally Saturday night and can be on site for 08.00...

Will also be looking for a few folk to help take things back down and into storage / collection locations post-show - the more the merrier please...

If you're up for lending a hand either end of the show [or both] please give me a shout.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:18 pm 
Lincs, East and South Yorks Deputy AEC
Lincs, East and South Yorks Deputy AEC

Is there any parking available nearby, we've possible 10 bikes and I can't promise owt yet but me and lee may be able to lend a hand. What's the plans for Saturday night?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:59 am 

The way the show operates, there's drop off parking to unload bikes, and then you park up in a car park down the road which is free for the day.

Collection of bikes is in the reverse order. There's no parking 'on site' so to speak.

Thanks for the offer and I'll put you and Lee down as possibles, but need to focus on definites at this stage so I know how things stand.

Updates for Saturday evening will be on the FaceBook page [@ICONOCLASSICmtb] and it'll be pretty organic in that there's no firm plans.

There's a few people going out for dinner, and I think we'll just hook up in a local pub around 19.30 - 20.00 for a few drinks - I'd suggest the Punch Bowl as it has a great selection of beers, good staff, and outside seating and is pretty central.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:37 pm 

HI guys.

The time is almost upon us...

All updates and info through to tomorrow will now be on FB for ease of logistics.

@ICONOCLASSICmtb

Cheers!