Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 12:49 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:40 pm 
Ain't no party like an S Club party

First up, a massive thanks to all of you who attended the inaugural ICONOCLASSIC show in 2014!

It’s a great base from which to grow the event, the turnout was ace, the vibe was very chilled and all reports back are that everyone in attendance had a great time and loved the bikes on show and chatting about them - which is what ICONOCLASSIC is all about!

I have now confirmed dates with the various council bodies etc, for this year’s show.

This takes on board comments from people last year about the clash with Goodward, and also brings it close to an already well established classic car show in Warwick town centre which will work well for additional promotion and drawing further crowds to ICONOCLASSIC : 2015.

So, the date!
SUNDAY 16th AUGUST 2015 - 10.00 TILL 16.00.

This is the Sunday after the classic car show, and I know there is a large group of us with an interest in both - it seems fitting to have the two shows on consecutive weekends.

The format for ICONOCLASSIC : 2015 will change little from last year - one element I’m addressing however, is that there will be a set distance between bikes to ensure a proper spread and easier access for viewing.

I will also be looking to recruit a few volunteers to help with set-up / take down logistics, and to ensure the smooth running of the ‘Best in Show’ votes, and that all exhibitors and members of the public have the info they need etc.
A couple of you - cheers guys wink emoticon - were very helpful on that front last year, but I would like a confirmed list of helpers in advance this year to more affectively distribute resources.

There will of course be the pre-party on Saturday evening / Sunday morning-wee-hours as per last year for those staying over the night before, and there will definitely be a ride on Saturday afternoon.

The route is pretty much there, includes a pub or two, and is nothing arduous so should suit anyone up for a ride before dinner and drinks.
The route is roughly 35 / 65 road / dirt but that is simply the reality of the riding conditions around Warwick without going a distance out.

So, we have a date, we have a great platform to grow on, I hope we have your attendance and bikes, and hopefully some of you will have completed those builds you didn’t quite get finished for ICONOCLASSIC last year!

Importantly, please spread the word so we can get an even bigger and better turnout - our overseas contingent was missed last year!
And, to those who confirmed attendance and then didn’t show - shame on you, and you missed out!
Some of you had legitimate reasons, others possibly wanted to see how the first year panned out before attending - ether way hopefully you will be here in 2015 to see what you missed last year.

As per last year, registration will be online, via the form on the website:

http://www.iconoclassic.org

As last year, in addition to promoting the show online, through social media, tourist info centres etc, I’ll be printing 5,000 odd leaflets to distribute around.
If anyone local fancies swinging by to collect a few to help distribute when they’re out and about please give me a shout - any help on this front would be greatly appreciated!

Finally, I am thinking of screen printing some t-shirts for this years show, depending on potential take-up - what do you guys think? Any interest?
Depending on feedback I will get some prices together and we can take it from there.

Many thanks, and I look forward to seeing you at ICONOCLASSIC : 2015!

Tom.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:06 pm 
Old School Grand Master

great news but ahhh I'm away

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:09 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider

Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
xxnick1975 wrote:
great news but ahhh I'm away

I'm not, .........and already been on line to book my place

was a great day out last year and this years promises to be even better :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:31 am 

Retro Spud wrote:
was a great day out last year and this years promises to be even better :lol:

Cheers Nick!

Yes, it was an excellent day, and this year will have more on offer and more bikes!

So, who hasn't registered yet?

Registration details on the website [very simple online form]:

http://www.iconoclassic.org

See you there!
Tom.

Post subject: Fixed Fixed
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:03 am 
Dirt Disciple

Fixed Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:34 pm 
Retro Guru

Is this happening in 2016?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:44 pm 
Retro Guru

Disco Drive wrote:
Is this happening in 2016?

http://www.iconoclassic.org/

21/8/2016 :wink:

I'm looking forward to this 8)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:51 pm 

Yes, certainly happening again this year!

For ease of memory, the show will always be on the THIRD Sunday every August.

I will be putting news and updates up here shortly, but until I get around to it, the FB page and group will have more frequent updates.

:)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:52 pm 

Oh, and cheers @shawnb... ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:00 pm 

Not long to go now!

Layout will be similar to last year's show, but with the info marquee [where you can pick up a voting slip for the best in show comp] in the centre and the guys from Lemming Brewery set up next to it ready to fuel visitors through the day with their range of locally brewed ales... :)

This central area will be also have a space for anyone wanting to jumble unwanted vintage bike bits. The jumble area will be a little restrained in size this year to test the water - if it goes well and there's interest it can be extended for next year. So if you want to bring along bits to trade, please think along the lines of a blanket on the floor rather than rows of immaculately laid out tables...!

As I say, if it goes well it can easily be expanded to be a bigger feature at future shows - so if that's something you'd be interested in seeing, bring along your bits and bobs and get involved. Events such as this are pretty organic in how they grow and develop and which elements become regular and which get dropped... :)