ebay postage rip off

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
some people on ebay.

Just won a watch for a few quid off the 'bay. The seller wants £10 to send via standard first class and refuses to repsond to my mails :evil:

Hate it when people who don't get "what they wanted" for an item try and squeeze you on postage.. Any way you can report them to Ebay?

kingroon":2o8bv3b8 said:
Hate it when people who don't get "what they wanted" for an item try and squeeze you on postage..
yes (in ten foot tall letters) :evil: :evil: :evil:

if the postage cost is stated on the auction, i see no room for arguments, just take account of it when setting your bid limit.

If they try to sting you for extra postage afterwards...thats shabby.

had the argument recently with a seller

said you charged me £4.00 for posting item came to the door, cost them £1.05 so emailed them, the got the arse and said its not just for posting its for "overheads" as well, didnt leave feedback..

also asked a guy if his postage quote was correct he said

thats the price you either want the item or you dont, im not forcing you to buy it.

....................... :?:

to be honest , I include ebay and payapl charges in my postage price .

as said before , if not happy with postage , do not bid .

but £10 for a first class is a lot !!

I think thats the norm to be fair and I reckon it's ok up to a point. As long as the postage is clearly put on the auction you know what you're going to get added to the auction so bid accordingly.

Having stood in the queue at my local post office (in the city) for nearly 30 mins posting a part to someone on this forum (which I don't mind doing) I have to say that adding a couple of quid for the hassle is ok for an ebay transaction IMO.

agree, always keep an eye and add, its the total price I think of.

..and the PO REALLY gets my wick up. DEAD slow and full of smelly people*

* maybe a little generalisation :)

Back