Any one build me a pair of wheels?(doing it myself now)

JeRkY

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have the Rims & the Hubs, I will require the spokes and the building. Happy to have a forum member do the work, or a recomendation of somewhere that will be able to do it at a reasonable price.

Happy to offer cash or parts for the service.

Update

Ordered a wheel jig, playing with spoke calculators...doing it my self :)

Can any one suggest any reason why the various spoke calculators I am toying with give different results?

I'm a bit busy to do it at the minute otherwise I'd volunteer my services, but why not build a set of your own?

Despite what people say, it's not hard. True, you might not become a master, but you'll do a lot better than lots of shop bought handbuilts.

Might be a bit out of your way unless you want to get on the central line, but I had mine done by these guys very recently. They've been around a while and offer a friendly service.. http://www.onlinebikes.com/contactus.aspx

Cost me £40 per wheel including spokes for 32 hole rims/hubs which I thought was pretty reasonable. Ask for Justin

I have been toying with the idea. But to be honest I am short of time too.

Hmm let me have a think.

Agree with Chris, it's not hard and it doesn't even take that long, I say go for it. I can do a pair in less than an hour and I've got the manual dexterity of a chimpanzee.

Right, I am going for the self build option, I have toyd with hte idea of doing this before, so no time like the present.

Dont really have the kit available for a hom made building stand, so have just ordered a Minoura wheel building kit that also includes a dishing tool...which I could do with.

Having fun on the spoke calculators...each one I have tried has given different results. Is it just the case of taking an average? Or is the DT swiss one (for example) more accurate than the spocalc on sheldon brown, or ed_s_spoke_calculator.

I am going to take the rims/hubs along to the shop when I pick up the building kit to get their best judgement on it too.

I usually build the wheels to the frame they are intended for. I dont build too often but have got it down to an hour for each wheel with about 3 weeks of truing up...

as I'm also a tight-arse/ environ-mentallist /recyclist I reuse good condition spokes where and whenever possible.

Once you've got the knack, its great.

Back