of Topic!

mazdaspeed

Devout Dirtbag
Hi

i am here in this boad for quite a while. So now i would have a couple questions totally off topic, hope yo dont hurt me because of that...

ANy how i am a big Bon Jovi Fan and as they play in the O2 arena in London i would liek to see them there once. So my question is where to buy some cheap tickets. Ho can i get there in town is it possible without big problems?
Where is a good place to stay in London. Also i would like to spend a couple days more in London on this trip, so what should we see then?
Where to go to buy some cloth and stuff?

Hoping for lots of answers and tips...

thanks a lot for your help

walter from austria

The O2 is very easy to get to via various public transport systems.

What else to see?, tough one...theres lots and it depends what you are into. Usual tourist stuff would be the museums, Tower of London, the Palace, Houses of parliament , London Eye, catch a show at a west end theatre etc.
Greenwich is worth having a wonder around.

Buy clothes...trendy young stuff head to East London, check out the boutiques & markets.
Luxurious stuff, head to the west end.

Well MazdaSpeed, your English is far better than my German.

Congratulations for at least having a go, I fully understand your questions

I too am fond of Bon Jovi ..a certain Mr Sambora I believe is very underated playing the guitar.

London is full of things to see and do, has another said it really depends upon what interests you.

I am not too familiar with London itself I live in the north so like you have only visited has a tourist.

I would look for accomodation in the High Barnet area from a cost point....it is on the tube ( underground) into the city centre, 40 minutes absolute maximum you can travel to anywhere in the city.

Enjoy your visit

Channa

The O2 arena is in east London, Greenwich would be a great place to stay, it is very close and can be a bit cheaper than somewhere more central. Barnet is right up at the North end of London, it'll take you ages to get across.
There is a Sunday market in Greenwich but also one in Camden, which is a train journey to Charing Cross and a tube on the Northern Line from Greenwich.
Personally, when I go to visit London I like to visit the National Gallery which is free and less than five minutes walk from Charing cross. There's Hyde Park if the weather's nice, or Greenwich park if you don't need to get a train.

^what Jerky said

with regards to where to stay, might be best to find somewhere outside of the main city and travel in on the glorious underground, it's world renowned! and good way to savour the sights and smells.

I totally second seeing Greenwich... has great little indoor market there on a weekend plus the pub does great chunky chips to go with your pint! You could always take a boat trip from there and see the city from the river.

Also places like Brick Lane and Camden are always worth going to and have a good vibe about the place.
The south bank is a must see area of the city imo. Gets you out of the main bustle but isn't too far from Covent Garden and associated places should you decide to walk.

Get yourself a small street map when you get there and you'll be all over the place in no time! Legs are much better than the public transport, you see more :)

chris667":21rkk05r said:
The O2 arena is in east London, Greenwich would be a great place to stay, it is very close and can be a bit cheaper than somewhere more central. Barnet is right up at the North end of London, it'll take you ages to get across.
There is a Sunday market in Greenwich but also one in Camden, which is a train journey to Charing Cross and a tube on the Northern Line from Greenwich.
Personally, when I go to visit London I like to visit the National Gallery which is free and less than five minutes walk from Charing cross. There's Hyde Park if the weather's nice, or Greenwich park if you don't need to get a train.
Far more informative than my answer thank you.

My motive was quite simple, rather than ???? from a previous poster, it is perhaps important we actually take the time and trouble to assist visitors to our shores, and a fellow cyclist.

perhaps now we are collectively answering a question and helping someone :)

Channa

as for someplace to stay.. when in London I used to stay at the Regent Palace Hotel, but it is now sadly no longer. now i stay at at the Kings Cross Royal Scot

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_ ... tel_id=269

gets crap reviews from idiots who expect 5star lux for cheap money. it is what it is, a cheap hotel. clean and tidy though.

very close to Kings Cross tube and national rail, we usually pay about £40 per double room, per night.

great for when we go go to Astoria etc for gigs :twisted:

Hi

Thanks for all the tips, well i have to say my englich is not so good, but i will come around.
I will work out a plan for about 3 days to stay in London. Well we are looking for some cloth, staying in a cheap hotel, all we need is a clean room and shower, anything else we will find i quess.

Well and of course we want to see Bon Jovi playing in the O2 arena.... witch will be the main reason for us to get there.
I have never been to London so i am a bloody newbie so far.

Any idea where to get cheap tickets for the event?

Thanks a lot for the help

walter

Back