Paypal Guidance

stevetait

Senior Retro Guru
Paid for some stuff yesterday, business seller wanted my shipping address on the payment invoice (I had forgiot to change it) so refunded my payment. It now shows as pending refund my end.... How long do these things take??

Im going to have to resend the payment which I guess means that in the end I would have made 2 payments and recieved 1 refund.. just concerned about the 'pending' thing and why its not instant??

just a thought but maybe its due to the banks being closed at the moment and your refund not getting processed? :?

not sure then, i know that one of my bank accounts (non debit) takes a while to do anything in paypal

It can depend on your bank but I had a similar situation and it took 5 days to get the money back into my account (Citibank) but Sat/Sun were 2 of those days. I still couldn't understand why it wasn't instant but PayPal will be happy to talk to you to explain how it occurs so I took it as "this is normal". My situation was I sent to the wrong email address and then immediately cancelled the transaction. That mistake cost me 5 days access to a large sum of money.

Cool .. Paypal does work in odd ways, certainly the root cause of some nervy moments!

Thanks guys

Sounds like it could be an e-cheque :roll:

If it is, they can take a week or so to clear - don't ask me why. B'stard things :evil:

Back