am i being robbed?

bkt

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
i have just won a frame on the usa ebay and the seller claimed it would be $50-$60 usd to post to me in the uk, he had now come back telling me it will be $150-$300. he lives in california. is this correct or am i being taken for a ride (no pun)

am i being robbed

If there are men in your house you didn't invite in and they are leaving with your possessions then yes you are being robbed :LOL:

It's fair to add a bit once the actual cost has been worked out by the seller , after all who goes to get the thing weighed before the auction ends , especially for a foreign bidder but that's a hefty increase .

Maybe a member in that area of the world could get a quote for comparison ?

Just jump on the USPS website or the FedEx website and use the quote calculators to check. It should take all of 2 minutes to see if the quoted cost is reasonable.

Is it an expensive item? He may have decided to have it insured delivery, because if it gets lost in the post he's the one that loses the frame and the cash.

I've had a couple of frames delivered from the States by USPS for around $100 a time. The last one was a year ago though.

beepbeep":s0qweuhn said:
I've had a couple of frames delivered from the States by USPS for around $100 a time. The last one was a year ago though.

yeah, that sounds about fair. i dont mind paying $100, but the thick end of $300 is too much for me :(

Did he put the delivery charge in the listing? Because the final price constitutes a contract to sell if so. Even if it's just an additional email he still put it in writing right? So if he got it wrong it's his problem and legally he should take the hit, unless US consumer laws are different in this aspect.

a small size frame box via USPS would be around $75 to the UK, but that only covers up to $500 insurance. using fedex or ups for higher insurance cover could easily top $300.

Back