Nokia's Ovi maps

outlander

Old School Hero
Nokia's Ovi maps with navigation are now free to download via pc or phone if anybody's interested? Just tried out the sat-nav in the car and it works a treat.
It's got:

Drive navigation
Walk navigation
maps and updates
Events guides
Lonely Planet guides
Michelin guides

Not bad for a freebie :D

are they the maps for gps enabled phones? the mrs had to pay for a talkthrough type navigation (she didnt buy it), had to pay for a licence, does fine without but it would be nice to have for free...

cyfa2809":2nbitir4 said:
are they the maps for gps enabled phones? the mrs had to pay for a talkthrough type navigation (she didnt buy it), had to pay for a licence, does fine without but it would be nice to have for free...

the maps are gps , well they are on my phone :? i have a n97 nokia with orange.....

cyfa2809":2g2d9frd said:

Yes they are. They came on the mrs' E72 along with a "10 goes" trial of the talk though navigation. Quite expensie to buy the lisence for hat and it's only for 1 year at a time, but fine with maps because it always shows where you are. The best bit for me is finding all local takeaways/restaurants in the area your in :D

yes the mrs had a 90 day trial i think, her phone is a 6260 slide, obtained from hong kong/ebay so came with the foreign maps although was easy enough to find england and useable from there. ive confused myself :? the maps are downloadable, via ovi, s ovi the same as gps or are they two different things? if i download the free ovi maps will i get the voice like a sat nav? :oops:

cyfa2809":2qw4kyuo said:
yes the mrs had a 90 day trial i think, her phone is a 6260 slide, obtained from hong kong/ebay so came with the foreign maps although was easy enough to find england and useable from there. ive confused myself :? the maps are downloadable, via ovi, s ovi the same as gps or are they two different things? if i download the free ovi maps will i get the voice like a sat nav? :oops:

i never signed up to anything and as far as i can see i'm not on a years trail/subscription and i get the voice with the maps :D

i use it at work all the time :D

are you on contract? maybe it was bundled with your phone/contract? hers is pay as you go...

cyfa2809":1n7e9bed said:

yes you get the voice like on a satNav. It's all free. I've got a nokia 5800 on payg and it works.
http://www.nokia.co.uk/apps-and-services/ovi-maps/main

Back