Low carb lifestyles

barry2017

Old School Grand Master
I'm really struggling to keep my intake of carbohydrates down, I ain't getting the miles in to justify it. Gone particularly mad over Christmas.

Any tips for making sure you don't eat too much?

sleep more

I have started to address the same issue here, by eating salad with meals i/o carbs

A big breakfast is the key. Creates less hunger pangs through the day. Nice slow burner like weetabix or porridge is best. Also try to get at least your 5 a day in and your 2 litres of water. Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like pauper.

I'm not a believer in breakfast , leaves me bloated and slow for the day .

Most of the time you think your hungry your actually thirsty .

perry":xwpy0rlp said:
Most of the time you think your hungry your actually thirsty .

Agree with that.

A good tip if you are trying to eat less at meal times is to drink a pint of water just before you eat, and of course eat slowly! It takes 20 minutes for the stomach to tell the brain it's full, most people have stuffed their meal down and thinking about dessert before the stomach knows what hit it :LOL:

I'll add my agreement to drinking more- whether water or fruit juice- feel less hungry and will cut down on cups of tea and coffee with a the invetibale biscuit/cadbury's mini roll/entire packet of Jaffa Cakes.
Good way of cutting down on bread is not to get sliced loaves- I like nice brown granary and pitta bread- stops ye having extra sandwiches and such just 'cos it's easy!

chris667":1sattmrj said:
I'm really struggling to keep my intake of carbohydrates down, I ain't getting the miles in to justify it. Gone particularly mad over Christmas.

Any tips for making sure you don't eat too much?
As other people have said, drinking some water before meals can help - oh and eat sloooowwwweeer ;-)

Also I've read about ingesting about 20mls of vinegar just prior to eating a meal with a lot of carbs in (sounds gross, but there is some science and studies behind it).

Do you have problems with cravings for carb laden food - and have you considered whether you may be displaying some signs of insulin resistance? There's a lot been written in the past few years about satiety, and the effects and desire for certain food groups - and also, to address your last question - how to address the hunger or cravings when trying to control weight (the hormones at play, and the things you can do, eat or take to help with that).

One other thing, protein tends to be the most fulfilling food group - in fact a lot of well researched ideas on dieting, has shown the importance of protein in the diet for trying to lose or maintain your weight.

Back