Votes: 0 0.0%
  • XBOX 360

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

magicmistertea

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I know this might cause a bit of a debate .... but here are my reasons why i think the PS3 is superior to its XBOX rival..

The ps3 contollers fit the hand better, they have built in lithium batteries and they have sixaxis motion sensor movement built in. so you dont have to buy extra batteries or battery packs like the xbox.

The ps3 has a built in bluray player not an out of date hd drive so if you want to watch the latest hd movies there is a clear winner.

Bluray discs have allmost twice the storage capacity of the HD disc, so enabling programmers to make games twice as good :LOL: but seriously as games progress this has to be a massive advantage ?

PS3 on line is free... you dont have to pay a subscrption fee to the network like you do with the xbox.

The ps3 is capable of receiving and recording T.V signals with the added box.

The Ps3 allready has the eyetoy which is basically the same as the new gadget xbox are about to release.

The ps3 wand (coming sometime this year i think) looks awsome, sub mm accurate apparently...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaQsXdKbUw8

i cant see x box new gizmo keeping up with it as its basically an eyetoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oACt9R9z37U

The only thing xbox has is more games... but its been out for 12months longer so thats to be expected, allthough there are a lot of quality ps3 games now.
obviously im a ps3 fan but for the reasons stated above, so come on xbox fans .... why is your console so good ?
Discuss......... or argue ( in a friendly manner please ) :LOL:

My ps3 suffered the Yellow Light of Death at the start of dec,
I sat in depression thinking what to do until I found a place that
gave me my life back for £50.00 . (2 hrs turnaround too!)
Oh how I missed it!!

I also own an X-Box ( gave it to my friend who is stuck in the house ill !!
Dont miss it! :LOL:

Ps3 also has I player, Vid-Zone (millions of online music videos, great for house parties)
All of my holiday photos on it, movies . . . . . . .. . . . .
Oh and Cod MW2 ( i know its on the x-box but :roll: )

Gamer tag is also enid_pucelange
ADD ME!!

Gc

I don't have either but am swayed towards the PS3.

PS3 - Bluray Disc, Linux, Gran Turismo 5, free online.
XBox - Plays copies, Windows Media Centre.

PS3 - YLOD
XBOX - RROD
Lead free solder, bloody health n safety.

I fancy a 60GB PS3, worried about the YLOD.
I fancy an XBOX because I don't fancy paying £40 for games.

stewlewis":2v4hnr7o said:

I thought the yellow light was the end of my world bud, IT's NOT!! :D :D
Buy one off e-bay that has the yellow light prob ( you will get a 60gb cheap because the owner will think its shot too)
Get it fixed for £50.00 , then you still get your backwards compatability, mmc/sd card readers and the kudos of a 60 :LOL: ;)

Gc

Thought of buying a PS3 faulty.

As long as the YLOD fix is permanant, at least for a long while. I've read a lot that say that a reflow will not solve the problem just postpone it for a while longer. Reballing the chip with lead solder is the only permanant fix. Even watched the DIY heat gun reflow that doesn't look hard.

EDIT:

Just bought a PS3, stated faulty startup, no mention of YLOD.
99 squid with boxed and all accessories. Fingers crossed.......

Have this debate with my xbox loving chums all the time. My 60g PS3 is better for all the reasons listed above. Fact. ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Also can play old PS1+2 games (worms :cool: ) and have finally worked out how to stream. Itunes now sent from laptop to Denon system via PS3.... Joy!

Will try to find you on CoD MW2 Enid when I finally get chance to play it. :roll:

the xbox has a massive user base, built in microsoft msn , the games base is way bigger , it is still running games as well as the ps3 , in fact both consoles seem to suffer the same graphics problems with the in game characters looking overlain on top of the backgrounds, could be a coming graphic brick wall but i personally dont like it, most dont even notice

id say the xbox cleans up in the world of teenagers , its all they chat about at school, then get in headsets on and into the games,

and saying the ps3 has a bluray player, so , if you want a game console buy one, if you want a blu ray player buy one of them not some mix n match,

personally for games i use my pc, its better than both consoles , i leave the consoles to my kids,

though the 360 in the lounge is linked to my pc so i can stream movies right of my pc to the lounge telly, and the kids have access to my music and video library in there rooms as well, which is pretty cool,

stubb":2gqzv5o6 said:
and saying the ps3 has a bluray player, so , if you want a game console buy one, if you want a blu ray player buy one of them not some mix n match,

Ah, but it's the 1 box solution that I want.

To replace the DVD player, the Media Centre PC, the PS2, the radio tuner, the cable TV receiver, the Sat digibox.

PS3 looks to be the closest yet. And I'm hoping with Linux running to get MAME, Amstrad CPC, Amiga and Atari ST emulation running as a blast to my retro gaming past too.

stewlewis":2l2ubhly said:

PS3 - Bluray Disc, Linux, Gran Turismo 5, free online.
XBox - Plays copies, Windows Media Centre.

PS3 - YLOD
XBOX - RROD
Lead free solder, bloody health n safety.

I fancy an XBOX because I don't fancy paying £40 for games.

yea i have an old 60gb ps3 it did stop working but i got it fixed out of warranty under the old 1979 sales of goods and services act !!
anyway... whats the crack with ylod and rrod ? i dont understand that bit ?
oh and enid i will add you to my friends list.... im magicmistertea :D
i must say there arnt many xbox arguments... and i know there is loads of x box fans on here..

Back