Retro bikes with a new school twist,

Jay

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After sending some time on here ive come across many fantastic builds/bikes that 10-15 years ago and even now i would give my right amr for,

And hopefully this year im going to start and build a proper Retro bike, something from when i started riding like 1995,

But at the momnet im quite happy with my retro new school bike im riding,

Im currentyl riding a 1999 orange airo thats been up dated but using a bare minimum of newschool parts

Before

DSC01632.jpg

So this is my oldschool ride with very newscool twist

035.jpg

038-1.jpg

040.jpg

i love it the fact that a lot of compontest r 11 years old but i rides just as well as any new bike

so come on guys lets see your oldschools with new school twiss

When I owned a modern bike, I put some old school bits on it, so did it the other was round to you!

However, this went ages ago to fund my old Zaskar LE.

Newest ride now is my 1996 RTS, but I dont use any modern bits.

side_177.jpg

Shows how little I know about modern bikes, because all those bikes could be brand new for all I know, wouldn't know better if they were '99 frames or '09 frames :oops:

perry":3kpiddsz said:
Is the airo really that old now ? Only old parts I can see are the wheels .
yer nearly 11 year's the handle bar's,stem,grip's,sifter,casset,meck,front chain ring.the seat post is new but from old stock the tyre's as you say wheel's even the rear disk is the original.

:LOL:
OK,heres a quick pic
The frame is a RSP torus,it has the date letter H so if 1990 is letter A,then H must be 1997,makes it retro i guess :?
My m739 shifters and mechs are being replaced,the flaat narrow kore bar for a ritchey rizer
The new hope tech lever is quite fat so getting shifters to fit has be a bit of a nightmare,easiest thing to do was change to 9 speed and fit matchmaker clamps.Im changing to Sram X.9 for the shifters and mechs.I was needing a new cassette so i need to replace that and the chain for the matching Sram.
I ditched the wavy rotors that were on it for the nice C2 ones.Proper round rotor with proper round holes :LOL:

Attachments

• Dyna's sale 20 12 09 034 (Large).jpg
    Dyna's sale 20 12 09 034 (Large).jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 1,381
Jay, how do you ride with your seat pointing up your ring! Is this some form of fetish i've been missing out on!??

Back