Hope Pro 2 Front hub

Jay

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
right guys im after some advice on new mtb parts :cry: :cry: (i hate spending money on new stuff lol)

Anyway in struggling to find rotors for 5 bolt hubs so im thinking about building a new front wheel up,

Ive always used hope hubs so after a quick seach it looks like the pro 2 is the hub for me,

According to the hope website its acorss over hub that caters for cross countery to dh, i find this hard to belive but im willing to be proved wrong!!

My question is really is whats peoples thoughts and opinoins to this hub??

cheers jay

Im also open to suggestions of alternative hope hubs o use. i mainly freeride/dh

Part with your cash and buy. Hope hubs, for me anyhow, are the best out there (can't afford Chris King). I've got Bulbs and they've been brilliant, almost totally rebuild-able.
And you can change them from qr to bolt-through pretty easily if needed (the front VERY easily).
Pro2's look even better and you can actually buy them :LOL:

Recently bought a set of Hope Hoops wheels with the Pro2 hubs. The great thing about them is you can use a standard QR, 15mm or 20mm axles. I've got a fair bit of Hope stuff hanging off my Stumpy FSR and it's all top quality stuff.

xizang":atsmxw1x said:
Part with your cash and buy. Hope hubs, for me anyhow, are the best out there (can't afford Chris King). I've got Bulbs and they've been brilliant, almost totally rebuild-able.
And you can change them from qr to bolt-through pretty easily if needed (the front VERY easily).
Pro2's look even better and you can actually buy them :LOL:

b ulbs r what ime running at the monemt, ive only had 12yeays use out of them without a single issue :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thwats what upsertting me is they must have about 10 years life left in them lol
but as yuo say the pro 2s look a bling hub

Hope Pro II hubs are very good

The front is convertible from 9mm QR to 15mm & 20mm maxle.

The only issue with the Pro II is the rear alloy freehub body, which is known to become gouged with certain cassettes, Hope specify XT (or Sram 990) & above as the alloy carrier body on the cassette helps lessen the gouging on the splines.

The only way to stop any gouging is to fit the £50 steel freehub body, which is heavier.

My 2006 Orange 5 has Pro 2 hubs and they still run like new even though I've only ever cleaned them and sprayed a bit of oil at 'em. Best I've ever had. ;) :D

im using bulbs,so far no probs,but ive always run hopes and never had a problem.
I've a 150mm pro11 coming but god knows why i bought it or what the hell im going to use it on :LOL: :LOL:
I need to stay off the rum :shock:

I've also got a pair of 5 bolt mini rotors that have a couple of miles on them,therefore new.185mmF/165mmR,I'll send you a pm,might save a pile of cash from buying new hubs and the hassles that brings

I changed to some C2 ones i found on ebay,i prefer round rotors with proper round holes in them :LOL:

Jay":137ne9d8 said:
b ulbs r what ime running at the monemt, ive only had 12yeays use out of them without a single issue :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thwats what upsertting me is they must have about 10 years life left in them lol

Right You! Get that keyboard sorted or get outta here!!
I'm no ttoler atin greadingt hatp iss :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Gc

enid_puceflange":31fvy3or said:
Jay":31fvy3or said:

Gc

sorry i blame the wireless keyboard :LOL: :LOL:

Jay":1lq90kkg said:
enid_puceflange":1lq90kkg said:
Jay":1lq90kkg said:

Gc

sorry i blame the wireless keyboard :LOL: :LOL:

Normally Stella or Budweiser that does it to me ;)
Anyway, Im using a Pro II on the front, easy as pie to service/replace bearings & simple as to change from 20mm - qr in no time with minimal fuss.
I know now that the wheels I have, will be coming to the next bike with me! just because of the flexibility of the front hub
Gc

Back