It Appears the British can't....

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Went to the church of the people with the rest of the masses when I discovered there were no trains again on Wed. Drawn in by the tractor beam we all slipped and slided toward the shrine of the blue and white stripes (Tesco) in search of tea stuff for some feel good factor in a stripey bag.

Turned into the bread aisle....

ALL gone by 10am. All of it! We the people had cleared a huge Tesco of all of it's bread products before lunch. They'd cleared every scone, fruit bread, pastry, donut. There was even a que to get the last 7 white loaves coming out of the oven.

It appears the British can't go 24hrs without bread. :LOL:

The best bit is that there was one lone crate of bread left untouched. Proper German Rye. No one would touch it with a barge pole. :LOL: The British would rather eat donuts for sustenance than hefty nutritious Germanic Heft Brot. :LOL:

I bought some. Was lovely with Marmite. ;)

:roll:

:LOL:

I bet people see it and think " hmm why is it still here , must be dodgy and best to avoid " . So as time passes it gets less and less likely to be picked up .

Was in Morrisons the other day and there was also a rush on the bread! :eek:

People act in a strange way when we have a bit of snow. :roll:

Trains seem to manage in the rest of the world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNv1PMLwHI&NR=1

and even here in the old days, they just fitted a snow plough to the front and off it went, bloody health and safety :roll:

This is the last big freeze in 1963 you should watch this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl4pJwcE7JI

I read an interesting article on the BBC about whether it is our civic duty to clear the paths and road infront of our house. In parts of the US it's a legal duty to do so, in Germany too many do the same, where as here in the UK you run the risk of legal action if you do clear it but somebody slips and hurts themselves!

Easy_Rider":690gl7sg said:
here in the UK you run the risk of legal action if you do clear it but somebody slips and hurts themselves!

i cleared mine. a curtain twitcher next door but one came out to help by mentioning that fact. I growled at it and said that was the problem with modern society. Bring them, let them sue me.

:roll:

Plenty of bread in my local Sainsbury's last night, but walking down the freezer aisle I noticed they'd run out of chips. :D
Are there geographical trends as to what shops sell out of first?

Whilst it hadn't run out, everyone in Sainsburys here had gallons of milk in their trolleys. I however created a shortage of cinnamon buns, mmm! :D

Back