Pace or Zaskar

slug

Dirt Disciple
I have a 1999 GT Zaskar, but am unsure if to rebuild this bike as I can't put discs on the rear of the bike or if to buy the new Pace 325.5 frame?

What are peoples thoughts?

If Zaskar, what sus folks should I go for as its had rigid on, and should I go with dics on the front?

Cheers

Got a hope m4 disc brake on the back of my zaskar.
To be fair, not sure the disc on the back is really better than the xtr v brake i had on it before. However, the m4 on the front even with a 160mm disc is way better than an xtr v brake.

Tough one this as a 1999 is almost not retro in my mind (seems like yesterday) and I really like the modern Pace stuff.

If it was me I'd probably get some thing uber retro and the Pace. :cool:

me pesonally i would go for the zaskar!!

I love the pace frame, n 1 day i will do a retro build but i love the versitility(spelling) of the zaskar

My m8 is still riding 1 of the original zaskar's n the thing takes all the punishment yo can give, plus his has been a cross country bike,free ride and full on dh rig

cheers jay

Since this is a retro site I'd hope most would recommend you keep the Zaskar.

Based on the title Pace or Zaskar it looks like your putting an entire manufacturer against just one bike. That means the Zaskar must be fantastic and thus I'd say go with it ;)

Back