al

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Has anyone on here done it?

Also the missus had loads of jewelry left to here by her Aunt some years ago. Can any recommend a good company to sell to?

Cheers,Al

better taking it to a local jeweller .

do a search on trading standarts website and a lot of issues with those advertised on tv .

There was an article in the papers a couple of weeks back saying the companies advertising on tv are a bunch of arse, I think the advice was take it to a reputable jewellers.

rosstheboss":h27wade8 said:
There was an article in the papers a couple of weeks back saying the companies advertising on tv are a bunch of arse, I think the advice was take it to a reputable jewellers.

Agreed! "Do you have scrap gold at home?" It is the concept of scrap gold I don't get!

cchris2lou":2atzuq6k said:
better taking it to a local jeweller .

do a search on trading standarts website and a lot of issues with those advertised on tv .

Yes,I've heard stories of some of the online companies being a bit shonky! Hence the ask.

I will go to my local independent jeweller and have a word. Ta!

Agreed! "Do you have scrap gold at home?" It is the concept of scrap gold I don't get!

+1 . I don't have a telly so had been unaware of such adverts until around the mrs sisters house on christmas day they were on every 5 mins . Who'd have thought eh , gold is worth money :LOL:

I love the idea of an old dear sat alone and when she sees the ad looks over to her scuffed bar of gold bullion and gives them a ring " oh 5 pounds you say , that's good , I've been using it for a paperweight ".

Sold gold on eBay before.

Works OK if you know what you've got and the weight.
You have to block zero feedback bidders though or you get lots of Nigerians.

that woman with dale winton, 'wow, cash my gold' regularly gets me swearing at the tv! :evil:

Back