Any carpenters/furniture restorers on here?

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Having salvaged an old leather topped writing desk I have been butchering it to make a computer table/worktop. Some of the moulding needs to be replaced in particular around the drawers. Does anyone know where I can source narrow 5mm wide half-moon moulding from please?

Additionally, does anyone know where I can look for 6 swan-necked brass handles that don't cost the earth?

Cheers.

How much moulding do you need ?.I could run you off a couple of metres,but i need either a pic or better still a sample.
I need a pic of the end view of the moulding itself,and some of the drawers ,some of the moulding attached t the drawer,and some of the area that is missing its beading

The drawer moulding is called a cock beading,handy to know if you intend to ask somebody in the trade,it will help them guess what exactly you need

I also some pics of the handles
On the handle note.you might discover that finding an odd one is nigh on impossible.It might be a better idea to replace them all at the same time

Its at this point we tell the customer its £250 per day :shock:

freebie naturally,just depends if i have those cutters or if i can easily recreate it

If Dyna Ti can't help, B&Poo and Homebase sell a load of different beads, not that cheap mind.

Back