lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Just used my mates bench grinder. Then went to pick it up. It was still spinning. My thumb hurts. That is all.

lewis1641":1hghjpt9 said:
Just used my mates bench grinder. Then went to pick it up. It was still spinning. My thumb hurts. That is all.

Your lucky you still have a thumb. Could have spent xmas in A &E :(

That's true. Luckily the grinder didn't grab, just took some skin. There's not a lot to see, just a small groove missing in my thumb but it has made my entire arm sore. I'm never working on cars again. Chris, we are off to imp on boxing day for rachel's birthday if you fancy a pint? She's doing an accustic set too i think

it is requiered that the grinder should have a brake on it or at the very least a shield so people dont stick hands in there...

Consider yourself lucky there lewis,theses grinders are seriously dangerous,the lack of a toothed blade lulls you into thinking its quite a safe tool.
I did the same thing but with a router,went to pick it back up while looking at the job not where my hand was.It took a bit of a chunk off the side of my thumb.I was really lucky as it had slowed down considerably.

Then there was the incident with the miller...27 stitches later :LOL: ...

..Then there was the 2 groin stabs while working as a butcher, :shock: Scary close to my femoral artery

Been lucky with my angle grinder ......So far :LOL: :LOL:

Back