Help in the trouser dept needed.........

Enid_Puceflange

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Looking for advice in the trouser dept :LOL:

Going to a Macretro meet on Monday, we are away up the Pentland Hills
Now its gonna be cold, Damn COLD!!, not shorts weather!
Now I dont own any trousers suitable for cycling in and staying, warm & dry, And I'm refusing to buy lycra leggings :LOL:
What should I buy/use??
Thanks

Gc

I avoid lycra whenever possible, but there's no doubt that good quality lycra tights are ideal for keeping you warm in this weather - when I was commuting by bike every day that's what I wore and looking weird was a small price to pay for the comfort!

If you REALLY don't want to go that route, I can recommend Endura's range of cycling specific trousers - won't keep you quite as warm as lycra but comfortable, durable and designed for the job...

I shall have a look mate,
Edinburgh Bicycle just up the road from me ;)
I'm seriously in no shape to wear lycra, folks would Vom!! ;)

Gc

I use thermal base layer tights with baggy shorts over the top. Looks a little daft but they are warm.

You really need flourescent pink lycra for the true retro look. Lycra not your thing? You could just recreate this classic outfit from 1990. :LOL:

MBUKChristmas1990.jpg

Smear your legs with goose fat left over from the Chrismas roasties and then wear shorts.

Warm legs and seasonal.

Enid if this snow disnae let up, cycling gear will be wrong, arctic exploration kit, ice axe and crampons will be the order of the day :LOL:

Bike needs snowtyres and a land rover style winch might be useful too :roll:

Back