Who rides a 29''?

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
As above really....

Fancy a completely non retro 29'' build for 2010 and like the Singular Swift but just wondered if any of you guys had any other suggestions....

Naturally the build with be less than niche with a rigid fork and singlespeed :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

Cheers folks

MArk

Mark

Hi Mark
I have thought about the 29 route as well, but as I am quite short its probably a non starter, but I was looking at a Surly karate monkey. It seems to get really good reviews from them that own them. I will more than likely pension off my old Stumpy singlespeed and build up a 1x1 next year.
The best place to buy either frame is wiggle as they have them for around 10% off at the moment. Maybe not as boutique as a singular etc but bloody good value and a reputation as pretty indestructable.

Jamie

I'll hopefully have finished building mine by the end of January. I'll tell you then :)

I've just gone back to 26" wheels ; I just fancied a change. 29ers are fabulous fun mate! I'd especially recommend them to the taller rider ( you didn't mention your height ). For any ( unfair ) critisism levelled at them there's a counter; slow to start=they REALLY maintain their momentum, less bump-sensitivity=rolls through rough terrain like the Red Army through Europe, less easy to turn in=they are very stable at any speed and not at all skittish.
Surly make excellent 29ers and there's loads more manufacturers out there too but for attention to detail, price and shear lovelyness of the blokes who are the company you'll have a tough time finding better than Singular.

Coolio.

Thanks chaps.

I'm 6'3''ish and usually ride a 19'' or 20'' bike but quite fancy a 29'' change.

Sadly llamedos budget doesn't go into the thousands :LOL: :(

29er

Hi Kaiser
What are you building?
Also havnt been on the macretro thread yet but whats happening in January? As I may get away for a day.

Jamie

Re: 29er

Jamiedyer":2ker8gv4 said:
Hi Kaiser
What are you building?
Also havnt been on the macretro thread yet but whats happening in January? As I may get away for a day.

Jamie

To keep us OT :D this is it(on 26ers), I've just got the stuff together for the wheel build and I need to get some brakes then thats it. Hopefully have it built for Dunkeld on the 30th.

4100849305_3c725022c3_b.jpg

Back