fatfixie

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Looking for a simple, cheap netbook. either Linux or XP

Any recommendations?. Have been looking at an Asus EEE and an Acer jobbie

Ta

Andy

Have a look at the msi wind u100 . I'm very happy with mine .

You might want to wait a while for the next lot of intel processors and graphics chips though .

This site is worth keeping an eye on

http://www.liliputing.com/

Not too sure but possibly spring kind of time . I think the pine trail is the one that will take over from the atom processor , worth keeping an eye on .

I've been using a Samsung NC-10 for the past 6 months,
Magic little piece of kit, I paid over £300 for it but I believe you can pick them up for under £250 now :oops:

Highly recommended

G

enid_puceflange":3cetvom7 said:
Magic little piece of kit, I paid over £300 for it but I believe you can pick them up for under £250 now :oops:

Highly recommended

G

Agree !

Dam good, her indoors has one !!

llamedos":2551699w said:
enid_puceflange":2551699w said:

Highly recommended

G

Agree !

Dam good, her indoors has one !!

I third this..... got my other half one as a birthday pressie and it's a fab little thing.

I've got one, and I agree, it's good.

But I don't think it's that well made. It makes an annoying clicking noise when the fan starts, and the hinge for the screen is becoming a bit, well, flaccid. Plus, I think it's a more sophisticated device than it needs to be. IMO, a netbook should not need fans or a large hard disk, making it fanless and solid state would give it better battery life and make it more reliable.

I could sort these things out, but it's the mechanic's car syndrome, I never fix my own computers!

oddly enough the Samsung is only available here as pat of a bundle package with Optus mobile broadband

It seems at the mo that the netbooks are going away from solid-state memory to HHD's and fans :-(

Andy

Back