Ebay second chance offers.

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Do you take them or do they all smell fishy?

If the other bidders, including the winning bidder, is someone w/ little to no feedback, it smells of fishy shill bidding to me. Still, if you really wanted the item....

fishy! I know for a fact that a guy I work with has his mates stick bids in on stuff he has up for sale to boost the prices then if they win he pulls the sale for what ever reason then drops in the second chance offers to the highest bidder :evil:

Here's a recent textbook example....

Check out the # of bids and the feedback of the most active bidders...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1172

I was the 2nd highest bidder $1,251 & emailed the seller after it ended to say if something doesn't work out let me know and he says "Will do but I thought the bike would go for a lot more money."

I won't be returning his calls/offers if he should contact me.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've used them once or twice before - but only if i really want the item and am more than happy with the price. If i thought it was artificially inflated beyond its value, wouldn't touch it.

Also keep an eye on seller's feedback.

I've been looking at quite a bit of stuff recently listed by sellers with really low (under 10) feedback - wouldn't touch them either, not for a high value item anaway (and for me that's anything over £25) :roll:

The question was an open one, but relating to a recent offer. Price is good/fair, feedback is 100% though the buyer had under 10 feedback. In principle I've knocked them back before but it would push a build ahead.

I've come up trumps accepting them in the past, with traders that have multiples of the same thing in stock.

I did a deal with the receivers of bankrupt shop a few years ago and put loads of stuff on the bay. I had hundreds of the same items, I listed them one at a time and put in second chance offers to everyone that put a bid in above the minimum I would have been happy to accept.

From private sales I'd be dubious that there was a bit of Konamad action going on.

At the end of the day the max you will pay is the max you wanted to pay so no harm done. Unless you really think you have been set up. I guess as mentioned above, it depends how much you want it.

Surely thr 2nd chance offer is whatever your maximum bid was, so if you were happy with your max bid then you should be happy with the 2nd chance offer :?

Unless you've already gone and bought something else.

Back