Annoying ebay thing...

rosstheboss

Retrobike Rider
I want to bid on something but it's saying I don't have a credit card on file and doesn't give me the option of using paypal, even though it's in the list of payments the seller accepts!!! And it keeps signing me out!!! Is this fishy or am I paranoid?

just go with the flow....make sure you have virus scanned ya pc...check the web page for https and the padlock symbol ect...dont use ya credit card ..use a deposit account type just in case some scumbag hacks the account that way they can ony take whats in there and not the credit card limit instead.

I've never been asked this before, just to bid! And to then ask/be told to set up a sellers account isn't really cricket if you ask me....

try working for the council..bunch of pendantic gits (failed traffic wardens if you ask me)...grr.ebay do like theirrules...espesh if they can make money from it. :twisted:

I was bidding on an old xt rear mech, there's plenty about so not too worried, just could've down without having to cock about with verification phone calls from ebay, entering credit card details and then finding out I wasn't going to win it anyway... :roll: :roll: :roll:

When I put my max bid in and then instantly get outbid i have at least one cheery thought. The other bidder has to pay more than I would, I have done the seller a favour and thus good karma abounds :D

A while ago I really wanted a limited edition (1000 pressing) vinyl ep, I started bidding with a couple of minutes to go and got to my limit with just under a minute to go. I was pretty pissed off so kept upping my bid by £2 just to bump the price up....you can guess what happened can't you...I won the bast*rd bit of plastic with 2 seconds to go at a vastly inflated price - £64 if I remember rightly, when the normally go for more like half that....... stoopid stoopid stoopid :oops: :oops: :oops:

Back