Lock on grips - a poll

Lock on grips....a good idea or an unnecessary solution to a problem which never existed?

• A good idea, I hate it when they slip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unnecessary, I've got hairrspray thanks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikeC

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Lock on grips are expensive, but are they worth the money?

What's wrong with spraying hairspray on to the inside of the grips before installing them?
Does even the best old man's trick not secure grips in the wettest of wet conditions?

Are they a good idea or are they a solution to a problem which never existed?

This poll will close on Christmas Day meaning you can get some in the sales if they win...or return a pointless Christmas present if they don't...

I use fine aftershave.

On my grips too...

Frees them up to remove them, but when it dries, the seem stuck!!!

Ace

Never had a problem using hairspray,, never had a grip come loose when using this, the lock on's are nice, but never felt the need.. :)

Save your money ;)

I've got lock-ons on two of my bikes, the rest are regular grips applied with hairspray.
I do prefer lock-ons for wet winter rides as I have occasionally had normal grips come loose when it's really filthy.
They also make regular bike fettling a bit easier.
If they did ODI Tomac Attack grips in a lock-on variety then I'd buy some for sure.

Used both hairspray and lock on's in the past. Neither have ever failed me.

Never really liked the feel of the lock on grips as they have a metal collar inside the main part of the grip and dont feel very cushioned when gripped.

Hate cockons , what a load of balls .

Never had a normal grip slip no matter what the weather .

Cockons never fit the bar precisely and feel odd as they are thicker .

Have had spray-ons slip badly in wet weather on different bikes. Will make the change from Clairol to Harmony next week and see if that helps.

Have some lockons, under a fiver off here or ebay or CRC flood sale :D so will compare and let you know.

:xmas-cool:

Back