ghosts.........

feetabix

Retrobike Rider
to set the scene.......i was sat stone sober talking to my brother in law last week,an allround pleasant chap and not prone to bull@hit........he relayed stories of visits he had during early eveningtimes as a young toddler from a man who entered his room,looked over at him and smiled and then left,nothing was ever said......some years later he identified him from photographs as a great uncle who had curled his toes up years before........wierd eh? :shock:

I love all the ghosty stuff! I used to work in a very haunted bar in Arundel, parts of which were 15/16th century and all sorts of weird stuff happened there... It scares you the first time but you soon get used to it :shock: :shock: :shock:

years ago I worked with a guy who said he could see ghosts and that the house he lived in was haunted! we all took it with a pinch of salt and just laughed at him :LOL: that was until he invited me in one day for a cuppa after work! they had a large three seater leather sofa, one where each seat had their own large square cushion to sit on, now I sat at one end and totally forgot about his claims about the house being haunted! till he asked me to look at the cushion next to me :shock: there in the cushion was the outline and imprint of someone sitting next me! :shock: at first I just though it was well used, till he asked Mary to stand up! apparently she did as the imprint in the seat got less noticable, plus my steaming hot cuppa got a lot colder as well! well cool enough for me to down it in one and say my good byes, from that day on if he said he saw a ghost or that some where we were staying was haunted I believed him :shock:

oooooh SPOOKY double post! so I'll alter it, the same guy as above was with me one night when were driveing past an old WW2 RAF base, it was late at night and we were looking for our digs, he was looking out the window when he started to laugh and point at something on the road ahead of us, I could see nothing to laugh at but he assured me it was funny! and said no more about it
when we found our digs and unloaded our kit we hit the bar :) we got talking to the bar man and my mate asked whose legs are those running around outside? the bar man laughed and cried out we have another sighting! rang the bell and poured my mate a pint, it turned out that during a raid on the RAF base some poor bugger got caught in the blast and torn in two, the only part of him they found was his legs from the waist down and apparently to this day there are sightings of a pair of legs running about looking for their top half :shock: I tried not to work him unless I had to :? he was scary at times!

AAaaaaahhhhhhh! The forum is haunted!! I can hear a ghostly echo!! :p

Used work as a lifeguard during the summers, and there was a bit in one of the changing rooms that was totally different in atmosphere to the rest.......felt like ye were way at the end of a long room instead of just ten feet up from the middle. The last summer I worked there, they'd put in a gym, which had taken off a third of the changing area, and the new wall had mirrors on it, so ye could see the funny area over yer shoulder as ye faced them- on more than one occaision I caught someone on my peripheral vision, turned round and there's nobody there!
The pool is just down the hill from the headland where there was a fort up to elizebethan times, and there was a noted battle there- folks with houses built on that area regularly hear sounds of voices and running feet.

whoooOOOOooo-oooOOOOOOoohhhhh!! :p

I'd class myself as a non-believer but can't explain one episode at our first house.
Sat in bed reading a book one night while the wife was in the bathroom moisturising etc :roll:
Suddenly the cat bombs into the bedroom & jumps on me all wide eyed & spikey fur, I looked up to see 'the wife' walk past the door & into the other bedroom.
After noticing she hadn't switch the light on I asked her what she was upto in the dark?
To which she replied "I'm in the bathroom brushing my teeth. Why?" :shock:
First & only time I felt an icy shiver down my spine!
Explained what I thought I'd seen & wife went loopy, insiting I come & get her from the bathroom :LOL:

oh dear no such thing. or coming back as some one/thing else or any of that crap. Dead is dead. end of subject :roll:

The Amityville house has a very troubled history of murder :(

I don't believe either - but I'd like to know what the explanation of the phenomenon is. How much is in the head - like how schizophrenics actually do 'hear' voices - their illness means their brain is wired up worngly. I wonder if it's possible we can 'see' thing sthat aren't there. Doesn't explain some of the other phenomena too especially when others are also involved and witness the same thing.

I've had stuff happen to me with plenty of witnesses - lights turning on and off, tvs coming on at full blast in locked rooms in the middle of the night, light switches turning on after I'd turned them off as I was turning the row below them off (that one scared the shit out of me!!), the list goes on!! My mum's also had lots of very weird things happen to her as well as my grandad....

Back