who pays what?

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Having my first dispute on ebay, The buyer has started a dispute saying he hasnt recieved the item which he now has (Took so long to pay, I took aslong to send? right/wrong dont really care)

He is now saying that the item is not as described and demanded that I have 3 days to refund? Life is too short .... I just replyed saying thats fine send the shock back and I will refund?

Now the reply I have got back is .... "Send the 16 euros for postage and I will send back"?

What is the general opinon on this? Do I have to pay this? Cant say I feel the part sent is crappy as he is saying?

Here is a pic, Its one of the supers?

DSC_0380-1.jpg

Cheers

daj

It's an auction, sold as seen and described in my opinion.

Let him dispute in my opinion and e-bay decide.

Just give full clear evidence it was sold as you described and hope it goes your way ;)

If you buy something from a shop and return for refund the shop isn't liable to cover your bus fair. If it went to a paypal dispute and it goes in the buyer's favour then the buyer gets money back when goods are returned at their cost. I'd stick to your guns.

lewis1641":1kyd1cry said:
If you buy something from a shop and return for refund the shop isn't liable to cover your bus fair. If it went to a paypal dispute and it goes in the buyer's favour then the buyer gets money back when goods are returned at their cost. I'd stick to your guns.

Good, I was hoping that was the case. I am certainly not saying I wont refund just asking for my shock back before I do which I think is fair enough.

Too late, already taken!!

I really am not that fussed to be honest, I just dont like the fact that he has demanded that I pay postage for him to return my shock while also demanding to refund the money too within 3 days !! ? :?

If he dont want the shock .... Fine ... send it back and I will refund?

Hopefully paypal should see sense?

It could actually work to your favour to let paypal sort this. Either they will go in your favour. Result-you keep the money, he keeps the shock. If it goes his way paypal will hold your money until he gives them proof the shock has been returned. Then paypal refund what he paid in the first place, ie shock plus one post. That way you have effectively go halves on post. You pay one way, he pays the other. I had a guy claim against me with some car alloys. He made all sorts of demands for return postage, cost of his tyres being fitted, fuel to tyre fitters and back twice, compensation for stress! There was nothing wrong with the wheels, i think he just realised he got a bit excited with the bidding. Paypal refunded the money(he told them a lie which they bought) but he only got cost plus initial post

Sounds like a chancer :?
I'd insist he sends it recorded.
I dont know if paypal accept proof of postage as evidence,as it doesnt prove it arrived.
I hope it sorts itself out,but i'd be careful of this guys intentions,he may be trying to have his cake and eat it :?

eBay lost a lot of credibility when Sellers weren't allowed to leave negative feedback. I know that there were some unscrupulous sellers out there and they sometimes threatened to leave you Negative Feedback if you left them some. But it is now totally weighted with the Buyer.

When I post on eBay I now always stipulate a returns policy. Returned in same packaging at buyers expense. As long as you provide all the answers to any questions the Buyer had and saved all communications between you THEN Paypal MAY find in your favour.

Doubt it though as they always seem to favour the Buyer. :(

Let it go to dispute and a claim. Buyer will have to pay postage to return and if it returns damaged then you can make a counter claim. Just answer any Paypal emails quickly and promptly and provide all the info at your disposal. If it stresses you out phone Paypal Customer Support, this act alone can sometimes go in your favour. Warning on this though, it can be hard to get your point across to someone whose 1st language isn't English

Back