Kona Hei Hei 100 - modern, sorry

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Has anybody seen one of the new Kona Hei Hei 100s in the flesh?

http://www.konaworld.com/images/bikes/lrg/heihei100.jpg

I've managed to blag a 2010 one for free, well the frame at least, and I'm itiching to get it! I've been told it'll be in the UK in late January, so I shall have it relatively soon. :D

I can't work out why the Hei Hei 100 bike is just £1600, and yet the short travel Hei Hei Supreme frame goes for the same money and has the same scandium frame? The Supreme has an RP23 vs and RP2 shock, but still, that's a big price difference.

It's no classic ti Hei Hei but it should make a nice lightweight build with an XT / XTR groupset and some lovely carbon WCS finishing kit. Crap colour though ;)

Kona have a lifetime warranty on their frames and my bike has developed a crack in it, but there were no more replacement parts available (I need a front triangle) for my 2006 bike. My bike is a 100 mm travel full-sus frame and the Hei Hei 100 is the only current 100 mm bike that Kona now do so that's 'all' they could offer as a replacement. I was quite pleased to say the least!

I've never seen a modern Hei Hei in the flesh, but I'm sure it'll be a good steed.

SP

Back